• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web - Stats Spider

James

Cricket Web Owner
We're looking towards you guys to offer suggestions and improvements. We really want this to be the cricket people's stats package that is easy to use and gives you what you want every time.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Brilliant stuff James and the rest of the crew. I had no idea this project was going on - who needs CricInfo now?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Not sure what people will think of this, and I certainly wouldn't recommend it retroactively, but going forwards, why not link to the match report on the scorecard?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
James said:
We're looking towards you guys to offer suggestions and improvements. We really want this to be the cricket people's stats package that is easy to use and gives you what you want every time.
Okay well, on that note, there's something I'd really like to see that isn't currently available on any stats service on the net (though it used to be on the Channel 4 stats page before it got shut down).

Basically, it'd be great if there was a filter based on date that includes all matches. For instance, you could search for stats between Jan 1 1980 and Dec 31 1989, and see the most runs, wickets, best averages and so on during that period, for all players or a limited selection of players or whatever. It's an incredibly useful filter for all sorts of statistical comparisons, but takes great effort to use at this point in time.

Obviously this would be a difficult thing to manage though, so it'd be a long-term improvement.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Love the runs/wickets by year feature. Batting average by position would be the one thing I'd be most keen on seeing introduced.

James

Cricket Web Owner
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Not sure what people will think of this, and I certainly wouldn't recommend it retroactively, but going forwards, why not link to the match report on the scorecard?
This will come in time and is already planned with it being integrated into other projects around the site :)

FaaipDeOiad said:
Okay well, on that note, there's something I'd really like to see that isn't currently available on any stats service on the net (though it used to be on the Channel 4 stats page before it got shut down).

Basically, it'd be great if there was a filter based on date that includes all matches. For instance, you could search for stats between Jan 1 1980 and Dec 31 1989, and see the most runs, wickets, best averages and so on during that period, for all players or a limited selection of players or whatever. It's an incredibly useful filter for all sorts of statistical comparisons, but takes great effort to use at this point in time.

Obviously this would be a difficult thing to manage though, so it'd be a long-term improvement.
Thanks for taking the time to post that suggestion mate. That is possible I can 100% confirm. It's all just time related and finding the time to get things like this done :)

James

Cricket Web Owner
Dasa said:
Brilliant stuff James and the rest of the crew. I had no idea this project was going on - who needs CricInfo now?
It's been in the staff forum for over a year now where I asked for volunteers to help out with it :p

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I noticed that on every player's page, there's an anaylsis of the common modes of dismissal and bowlers dismissed most by. Any chance of getting something similar for the bowling stats, as in, batsmen most dismissed and the bowlers' most common mode of dimissal?

James

Cricket Web Owner
andyc said:
I noticed that on every player's page, there's an anaylsis of the common modes of dismissal and bowlers dismissed most by. Any chance of getting something similar for the bowling stats, as in, batsmen most dismissed and the bowlers' most common mode of dimissal?
Yes - can do that :)

James

Cricket Web Owner
FaaipDeOiad said:
For instance, the Australian summary page lists Steve Waugh as Australia's leading test catch taker with 140, when in fact it is Mark Waugh with 181. Steve Waugh had 112.
Fixed :)

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
James said:
It's been in the staff forum for over a year now where I asked for volunteers to help out with it :p
Oops. :huh: I should look at the staff forum more closely.