• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web - Stats Spider

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 12 (10 members and 2 guests)
AussieDominance+, adharcric, andyc, Craig, GeraintIsMyHero, Jamee999, James+, Matt79, silentstriker

You are my heros!

Craig

World Traveller
GeraintIsMyHero said:
How long did it take Craig?
Essentially 24 months is when James started on it and Myself and my brilliant team have been doing it since the start of the year almost.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Bloody hell. And have you carded every international?

Might be an idea to have a progressive average. So Bradman would finish on 99.94

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Now I understand a little more what content updater means LOL
Hahhah, it was a lot of hard work. If one couldn't get it done then the team helped around, it was wonderful working with all these top guys.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Geez, that's a top effort. I didn't even know about this. :D

edit: There's the odd error here and there. For instance, the Australian summary page lists Steve Waugh as Australia's leading test catch taker with 140, when in fact it is Mark Waugh with 181. Steve Waugh had 112.

It might be a good idea to set up some sort of simple process to point these things out, if there isn't one already. There's bound to be errors in such a large undertaking. Sachin Tendulkar also appears to have scored 40 ODI centuries for Ireland. :p

Last edited:

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Is there anyway for the bar graphs to link to what they're showing? So when a bar graph shows say Pietersen's Ashes 158, if you click on that bar, the 5th Test scorecard will come up?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Jamee999 said:
Is there anyway for the bar graphs to link to what they're showing? So when a bar graph shows say Pietersen's Ashes 158, if you click on that bar, the 5th Test scorecard will come up?
Yep, was just about to post that idea myself.

The only other stats site on the web that has an innings-by-innings graph is howstat, and the new CW one is much nicer and easier to view. It'd be great it if linked to the scorecard though.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Jamee999 said:
Should definately be possible, will need to look into the graph software I'm using to generate the graphs.

FaaipDeOiad said:
edit: There's the odd error here and there. For instance, the Australian summary page lists Steve Waugh as Australia's leading test catch taker with 140, when in fact it is Mark Waugh with 181. Steve Waugh had 112.

It might be a good idea to set up some sort of simple process to point these things out, if there isn't one already. There's bound to be errors in such a large undertaking. Sachin Tendulkar also appears to have scored 40 ODI centuries for Ireland.
Must have slipped through. Thanks for letting us know, I'll get that fixed up :)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, I've e-mailed you one thing I noticed.

Maybe there could be an e-mail address just for pointing out small inaccuracies that we notice?