• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who Should Captain England?

Who Should Captain England?

• Flintoff

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Strauss

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • KP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Collingwood

• Hoggard

• Harmison

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Bell

• Vaughn (when he/if comes back)

Votes: 20 55.6%
  • Trescothick (when he/if comes back)

• Cook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Read

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McKanga

School Boy/Girl Captain
My thoughts

Michael Vaughan because:
1. He performed reliably onfield.
2. He had 'attitude' off field, in a good way.
3. He seemed to be able to stand up for himself where Flintoff gets pushed around by players and selectors.

howardj

International Coach
Brearley

No. If Vaughan can bat his way back into the team, then it should be him.

Otherwise, Strauss.

Fairly simple.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Michael Vaughan if he can get himself back into the test side with full fitness, otherwise I think Andrew Strauss would make a pretty good captain. However if Flintoff moves back to #7 and the other bowlers start firing then I think it's fair to say that the pressure will be taken off him and he might turn out to be a good captain.