• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst capitulations in recent times ?

Krishna_j

U19 12th Man
My top three worst batting performance in recent times :

1.England Vs Aus - Adelaide - 2006

2.India Vs Eng - Mumbai - 2006

3.India Vs pak - Bangalore - 2005

All 3 were shamelessly timid capitulations on decent batting surfaces w/o a fight - with no apparent devil either in the wicket or in the opposing team bowling composition

I have excluded WI (post 1999) , B'desh and Zimbabwe (post 2002) from this list

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NZ v Australia, Eden Park 2005 (Brett Lee 3-5 from 5 overs I think it was)

And we've had a couple of disasters against Pakistan and particularly Shoaib too.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not sure that this is recent but the best collapse ever was Australia against Pakistan in the late 70's. Admittedly they were Pakerless but they went from 105-3 to 108 all out.

Krishna_j

U19 12th Man
are you ref to Melbourne 1979 Sarfraz spell of 7 wickets for 1 run - then Aus slumped from 305 for 3 to 310 all out - collapse yes but not surrender

ref Ken Piesse recent classic - Cricket Collosseum

Last edited:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lillian Thomson said:
I'm not sure that this is recent but the best collapse ever was Australia against Pakistan in the late 70's. Admittedly they were Pakerless but they went from 105-3 to 108 all out.
That is impressive! :happy:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
Eng, NZ and India seem to do it a fair bit too often.
They do, but the West Indies are the collapse kings IMO, particularly in ODIs. It gets to the point where you feel reasonably confident if you take a wicket and get the Windies to 4/200 chasing 250, they collapse so often.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
FaaipDeOiad said:
They do, but the West Indies are the collapse kings IMO, particularly in ODIs. It gets to the point where you feel reasonably confident if you take a wicket and get the Windies to 4/200 chasing 250, they collapse so often.
Haha yes the old calypso collapso. Its somewhat funny unless you're a WI supporter, or put money on them.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Lillian Thomson said:
That is quite impressive.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Also, Pakistan's 1st innings at OT this summer

Australia @ The Oval last September