• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mark Benson another anti india umpire ?

Dravid

International Captain
Arjun said:
What's the point in having neutral umpires? When you had two home umpires, you complained about excessive bias. Then ICC stepped in. When you had one neutral umpire, you still complained about some bias because of that other home umpire. Now you have two neutral umpires. Now comes the infamous rhyme-o-rant:That came from some renegade cricket forum. What next? Only have a third umpire? Then you'll complain that Eddie Nicholls, Billy Doctrove and the rest are dumb or biased. Then have robot umpires, and complain about circuitry malfuncion. What next?

Dickie Bird got it right with this quote:
Afridi deserving.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
silentstriker said:
I doubt it would be obvious. But I can see someone awarding marginal decisions one way or the other.
I umpire on a fairly regular basis in the summer months - mainly colts level but occasionally County League - and as far as I'm concerned, if it's marginal then it's not out.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Neil Pickup said:
I umpire on a fairly regular basis in the summer months - mainly colts level but occasionally County League - and as far as I'm concerned, if it's marginal then it's not out.
Ideally, yes. I am saying thats one way to be biased. Not that I believe that any current member of the Elite Panel is biased. In fact, I'm sure they aren't. They have too much to lose to be so petty.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
silentstriker said:
Ideally, yes. I am saying thats one way to be biased. Not that I believe that any current member of the Elite Panel is biased. In fact, I'm sure they aren't. They have too much to lose to be so petty.
Of course. But if I can manage to avoid bias when umpiring teams that I have a vested interest in - coaching/management/captaincy - then it's patently obvious that professional, International umpires do so.

Unless you're a moronic conspiracy theorist with an inferiority complex.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Neil Pickup said:
Of course. But if I can manage to avoid bias when umpiring teams that I have a vested interest in - coaching/management/captaincy - then it's patently obvious that professional, International umpires do so.

Unless you're a moronic conspiracy theorist with an inferiority complex.
I never claimed that these umpires were biased.

EDIT: NM, I don't think you were talking about me. But yea, I would be surprised if any of the current bunch were.