• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mark Benson another anti india umpire ?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Krishna_j said:
Sure mate - would also like to propound what I term as "Murphy's Law for the underdog visiting team "

"If you are the visiting cricket team and also the underdog - if there is a marginal decision whether you are Eng, Ind or Pak you will always be sawn off by the neutral umpires !!"

Witness england in the recent Ashes series - I am amazed at the umpteen marginal decisions which went against them

If it's true that the visiting team get the worst of marginal decisions that's not quite the same as saying that some umpires despise Indian's.:mellow:

Last edited:

Krishna_j

U19 12th Man
Lillian Thomson said:
If it's true that the visiting team get the worst of marginal decisions that's not quite the same as saying that some umpires despise Indian's.:mellow:
The Corollary to that is :

If you are Steve Bungler or Shocker De Silva and the team is India - then the marginal decision is always in favour of the other team :laugh:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Krishna_j said:
The Corollary to that is :

If you are Steve Bungler or Shocker De Silva and the team is India - then the marginal decision is always in favour of the other team :laugh:
Or alternatively, if you get hit on the pads enough, you'll eventually be given out

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Another stupid thread crying a load of bollocks.

Not to blow our trumpets or anything, but lasy year Aus lost the Ashes and were victims of some shockers, this season we've been owned and been victim to some shockers and (Shane_Warne, BLE, gilcHrist22, BlackDog, etc excluded) there has been no trolling which has cried victimisation, racism, anti-colonist, anti-convict etc.

There are so many Indian and Pakistani fans on this forum who make great posts, and I feel that the likes of the thread starter let them down.

shankar

International Debutant
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Another stupid thread crying a load of bollocks.

Not to blow our trumpets or anything, but lasy year Aus lost the Ashes and were victims of some shockers, this season we've been owned and been victim to some shockers and (Shane_Warne, BLE, gilcHrist22, BlackDog, etc excluded) there has been no trolling which has cried victimisation, racism, anti-colonist, anti-convict etc.

There are so many Indian and Pakistani fans on this forum who make great posts, and I feel that the likes of the thread starter let them down.
And there's only been this one idiot (so far at least) complaining of bias this series as well, right?

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Of Being Anti India (after all he gave Dravid out, when it was clear that he wasn't out) ?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Krishna_j said:
For folks watching the current India South Africa series its again a sense of deja-vu seeing the "perplexing" decisions from Mark Benson.

On the first day at Durban , With SA toterring on 3-35 two plumb lbw against Gibbs and Prince are not given - before the score reaches 100 another plumb lbw on Prince is turned down - even the neutral expert Wasim Akram
and the whole post falls down.. Akram is one of the most biased, bigoted men ever to open his mouth and say something about cricket since Arjuna Ranatunga last spoke.. Not sure about the rest of your argument, havent seen all the decisions this game..

What goes around comes around, umpiring decisions go for and against you, get over it.. (Loving the way for example, Smith doesnt like the calls to go off for light.. Remember the Durban game two years ago Smithy boy?)

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Langeveldt said:
and the whole post falls down.. Akram is one of the most biased, bigoted men ever to open his mouth and say something about cricket since Arjuna Ranatunga last spoke.. Not sure about the rest of your argument, havent seen all the decisions this game..

What goes around comes around, umpiring decisions go for and against you, get over it.. (Loving the way for example, Smith doesnt like the calls to go off for light.. Remember the Durban game two years ago Smithy boy?)

He's only biased when he's talking about Pakistan, India, England, Sri Lanka, Australia, West Indies, New Zealand and Bangladesh................ :)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Langeveldt said:

So how did Ranatunga ruffle your feathers?

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
What's the point in having neutral umpires? When you had two home umpires, you complained about excessive bias. Then ICC stepped in. When you had one neutral umpire, you still complained about some bias because of that other home umpire. Now you have two neutral umpires. Now comes the infamous rhyme-o-rant:
If you're Indian, you're OUT!
If you're Aussie, NICE SHOUT...
That came from some renegade cricket forum. What next? Only have a third umpire? Then you'll complain that Eddie Nicholls, Billy Doctrove and the rest are dumb or biased. Then have robot umpires, and complain about circuitry malfuncion. What next?

Dickie Bird got it right with this quote:
All umpires are neutral. No umpire is biased.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I read a really intersting article in The Widen Cricketer, explaining how umpires just don't and can't cheat. I can't remeber which issue it was in, but it would be good if somone else could.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I think its possible for an umpire to be biased in decision making, but its unlikely, and its definatly not the case in this instance.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I find it really hard to believe that an umpire would let his bias get the better of him to make a desicion, call me naive, but I'm sure.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
PhoenixFire said:
I find it really hard to believe that an umpire would let his bias get the better of him to make a desicion, call me naive, but I'm sure.
In the days before neutral umpires, he might do so to keep his job with the home board to make sure the home captain doesn't complain.