• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mark Benson another anti india umpire ?

nexxus

U19 Debutant
I didn't register a new name to post it actually, I registered early this afternoon. It just happened to be my first post.....or I just needed to get all that out of my system before Steve's BucknorBots hunt me down and slay me for betraying their secret organization. Whichever floats yer boat.

I was just a bit annoyed with the paranoia, even my uncles, cousins & my dearly beloved other half (who all support India :) ) always whine about how they're always being screwed by the umps, how the match ref is out to get Ganguly, etc. Blahblahblah. Get over it.

Krishna_j

U19 12th Man
"Obviously Daryll Hair is the shadowy 'true' leader of the group, which is funded by (obviously) evil Pakistanis bent on getting revenge for India getting to host the final when the world cup goes there again and other generally evil people who are upset that Wasim Jaffer isn't sponsored by Jaffa Cake."

well looks like we have a lurking Pak here - too bad you've been rumbled :laugh:

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
nexxus said:
This isn't a poor thread at all, it's just the truth finally coming out.

I have very highly placed sources who have personally had contact with a guy who groomed some girl's dog whose grandfather once played a game of Dominoes on the same island that Steve Bucknor's 2nd cousin once read about in a comic that said that good ole Steve actually is the head of a secret cartel of evil umpires called We All Hate India And Must Ensure They Always Lose As We Are Evil And Hate India. (WAHIAMETALAWAEAHI [The island in question is obviously Pacific in nature]).

I personally wouldn't be surprised if they all gather once a year to play tapes of their nefarious schemes to foil India at every turn, while practicing their evil laughs.

Obviously Daryll Hair is the shadowy 'true' leader of the group, which is funded by (obviously) evil Pakistanis bent on getting revenge for India getting to host the final when the world cup goes there again and other generally evil people who are upset that Wasim Jaffer isn't sponsored by Jaffa Cake.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: legendary 1st post

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Krishna_j said:
Yes - but like the paper it exists !!

like Rex Whitehead , Steve Bungler and Mark Benson all culpable of making mistakes only against one team - never mind if they are consistent in that the team is India

Rather like Doug Constant's consistency where Pakistan was concerned :laugh:
If the paper exists then it must be true...

Slow Love™

International Captain
Krishna_j said:
For folks watching the current India South Africa series its again a sense of deja-vu seeing the "perplexing" decisions from Mark Benson.

On the first day at Durban , With SA toterring on 3-35 two plumb lbw against Gibbs and Prince are not given - before the score reaches 100 another plumb lbw on Prince is turned down - even the neutral expert Wasim Akram is moved to comment "its amazing how this cannot be out" while Pat Symcox looks on embarrassed but pleased.

Not to say two blatant edges caught behind are turned down - Ntini looks sheepishly at his bat and last wicket adds another 30 runs !!

fast forward to second day - a rising Nel delivery is edged by Dravid on to his pads - he is on tip toes and he is struck high on the pad - Pat Symcox feels "that's too high "- Akram feels "definitely will go over the stumps" - graphic shows the ball bouncing a clear one feet over leg stump - Mark Benson in a flash decides that's OUT !!

If there are mistakes evenly for both teams - one can overlook but the pattern of bias continues.

Amazing how so many umpires always target India as the team to be sawn off - Steve Bungler from WI and Shocker De Silva from Sri Lanka are known never to award a dubious decision to India but number of lbw claimed by shocker de Silva against India is amazing !!

Steve Bungler's decision to reprieve Jonty Rhodes by not asking for third umpire run out at a crucial stage in a test in South Africa and his infamous Tendulakr caught behind at the Eden Gardens where there hardly an appeal from the Pak team are examples of his racial prejudices !!

Welcome Mark Benson to this exclusive Club of neutral ICC umpires !!:laugh: :laugh:
You know, I think a lot of people live in a degree of denial about racism, and are of the opinion that anybody that claims to be impacted by it has a victim mentality, or they're looking to be favored, and can't handle things not going their way. I find it very frustrating at times, because people definitely are still victims of racism or prejudice, all over the world.

But a tool like you sadly makes it that much harder for anybody with a legitimate grievance to be heard. I hope you're proud of that, 'cause that's all your comments are likely to achieve. All you have is a collection of poor decisions over the course of ONE match, and it only takes that much for you to characterise an umpire who may have had a bad day at the office as inarguably racist. If your purpose here was to make a complete ass of yourself, consider it a job well done.

Looks like you got caught out before an edit delighting in his health problems after the match, too. Time for you to do some soul-searching, IMO.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Slow Love™ said:
You know, I think a lot of people live in a degree of denial about racism, and are of the opinion that anybody that claims to be impacted by it has a victim mentality, or they're looking to be favored, and can't handle things not going their way. I find it very frustrating at times, because people definitely are still victims of racism or prejudice, all over the world.

But a tool like you sadly makes it that much harder for anybody with a legitimate grievance to be heard. I hope you're proud of that, 'cause that's all your comments are likely to achieve. All you have is a collection of poor decisions over the course of ONE match, and it only takes that much for you to characterise an umpire who may have had a bad day at the office as inarguably racist. If your purpose here was to make a complete ass of yourself, consider it a job well done.

Looks like you got caught out before an edit delighting in his health problems after the match, too. Time for you to do some soul-searching, IMO.
Top post, as always.

Craig

World Traveller
Typical. A few bad decisions goes against India and you are suddenly racist and anti-Indian.

Unless you have something worthwhile to contribute then please don't waste our time with such rubbish.

Craig

World Traveller
Slow Love™ said:

Can somebody please make this guy God?

Slow Love™

International Captain
OK, you guys are embarrassing me now, and I think the rest of the forum must be about ready to beat the crap out of me. :p

Dravid

International Captain
adharcric said:
Has Dravid seen this thread? :ph34r:
I'm over the umpiring. It was made up with a poor decision against Dhoni. Although I still will never think Benson is a good umpire for missing those edges. He's blind and deaf

adharcric

International Coach
Dravid said:
I'm over the umpiring. It was made up with a poor decision against Dhoni. Although I still will never think Benson is a good umpire for missing those edges. He's blind and deaf
Cut the guy some slack today, he had heart palpitations and had to be rushed to the hospital. Now Asad Rauf, he's a tool for sure.

Dravid

International Captain
adharcric said:
Cut the guy some slack today, he had heart palpitations and had to be rushed to the hospital. Now Asad Rauf, he's a tool for sure.
He was fine when giving them not out. And if he wasn't he should have left when he had problems

Krishna_j

U19 12th Man
Slow Love™ said:

In the late 70's there was a cartoon in Punch magazine of Geoff Boycott mumbling "I am God - I am God - I am God" all alone on a desolate island - I guess that still applies to you

Last edited:

nexxus

U19 Debutant
Krishna_j said:
well looks like we have a lurking Pak here - too bad you've been rumbled :laugh:
Lurking Pak? No bloody way bru! I'm a South African supporter all the way. (Of Indian descent, not Pakistani, BTW)

Slow Love™

International Captain
Krishna_j said:
In the late 70's there was a cartoon in Punch magazine of Geoff Boycott mumbling "I am God - I am God - I am God" all alone on a desolate island - I guess that still applies to you
ZING! Look, if that's related to what anybody else said, that just made me feel awkward, and this isn't about me elevating myself.

I mean, seriously though, mate, have a think about your position. I'm all ears if we're talking about someone who exhibits an observable pattern of behaviour when it comes to being prejudicial. Basing your accusation on a number of decisions (and by the accounts of Indian supporters watching the match, he actually made errors against both sides) in one cricket match has to be the height of idiocy. How do you expect people to react?

And if you were reading Punch in the 70's, surely you're too old for this crap.

Krishna_j

U19 12th Man
Sure mate - would also like to propound what I term as "Murphy's Law for the underdog visiting team "

"If you are the visiting cricket team and also the underdog - if there is a marginal decision whether you are Eng, Ind or Pak you will always be sawn off by the neutral umpires !!"

Witness england in the recent Ashes series - I am amazed at the umpteen marginal decisions which went against them