• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Test Matches

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Samuel_Vimes said:
Yikes, and here I was trying to get in some 1902 classics... http://www.cricketweb.net/statsspider/test/73.php and an hour of Jessop http://www.cricketweb.net/statsspider/test/74.php.

Oh well. Noms done and all that. Hobart 99 for this one - outstanding Gilchrist.
It's okay, I'll replace two of the wildcards with them :)

I do have a problem though, in that I saved the draw on my desktop at work and forgot to mail it to myself, as there won't be anymore battles until Tuesday, sorry. Feel free to continue voting in this one, though the winner looks obvious, and we'll get going properly on Monday

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hobart, Multan was just a pathetic capitulation, and sign of things to come, oh no I'm not bitter or owt:ph34r:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Very, very close between Mumbai and Kolkata. The latter reminds me of Karachi this year. Pakistan were 26/6 at one point but went on to win the match by 46 runs. I'll vote Eden Gardens despite that bowling performance on the last day at Mumbai.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Very, very close between Mumbai and Kolkata. The latter reminds me of Karachi this year. Pakistan were 26/6 at one point but went on to win the match by 46 runs. I'll vote Eden Gardens despite that bowling performance on the last day at Mumbai.
There are 3 Ind vs. Pak test matches in the last 7-odd years which have involved Pakistan winning a memorable match, despite looking dead and buried.

The first one, which hurts the most, is Chennai 99, the first test of the 99 series where India were cruising to victory at 5-218 and Sachin at the crease in the 4th innings. Then Mongia became a ******, Sachin's back gave out and Pakistan won. :(

Then came the Asian Test Championship match in this battle in Kolkata (some call it the 3rd test of the 99 series) where as you said India had Pakistan on the ropes at 26/6, both when bowling in the first innings and chasing in the 4th innings.

Then of course the Karachi match this year where Pakistan were 39/6 (and 0/3 at one stage). :dry:

To be honest, the pain of the first two matches was covered by India's 2004 test series win, but Karachi 2006 brought it all back. :(
Completely forgot that was in this match. Kolkata definitely greater than Mumbai now.
When you clean bowl Dravid and Tendulkar in consecutive balls, you know you've done something special. I was shattered at the time when following it, but I couldn't help but admire Shoaib that day. the making of him, even before the WC 99.