• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

James Franklin In, Mills Out

Sam

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Read the news on Cricketweb front page.

Yeah I am happy for Franklin as I thought he should have been in in the first place but its unfortuante for Kyle Mills.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I picked a squad of 14 and had Franklin in before Mills as I thought that action of Mills needs to change a little, although Mills is still quite a good all-rounder and its disappointing to see him drop out.

But I believe that with Franklin, Fleming has the option of having the left armer, and Franklin is also useful with the bat so they won't lose out on too much.

bryce

International Regular
nah cybersmurfs right the commentators would make a big deal of his action

thierry henry

International Coach
I've decided to take part in the age old tradition of digging up ancient threads. I thought this one was interesting. Any fuss about Mills' action now? I find it to be perfectly legit.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Mills is a brilliant bowler and is NZ's lethal weapon and developing into a brilliant bowler at the death as well.

I hope you don't mind my saying this, but I find it a little mischievous that this thread has been dug out when he is bowling brilliantly.

I hope it is not a mischievous intention on your part to dig it out now.

thierry henry

International Coach
No, not mischievous at all. I'm very bored and decided to read some old threads to find anything interesting, such as opinions which look brilliant or idiotic in hindsight. I found it interesting that this had been regarded as an issue all those years ago.

I think Mills is a fine new ball bowler in ODIs atm- one of the best around on current form. But I dunno how you can praise his woeful death bowling....

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
thierry henry said:
No, not mischievous at all. I'm very bored and decided to read some old threads to find anything interesting, such as opinions which look brilliant or idiotic in hindsight. I found it interesting that this had been regarded as an issue all those years ago.

I think Mills is a fine new ball bowler in ODIs atm- one of the best around on current form. But I dunno how you can praise his woeful death bowling....
All death bowlers are woeful in that case, because they bowl at a time of the innings, when batsmen at the wicket have nothing to lose and are on a wild slog . Mills has had his bad days, but I feel he is coming into his own ATM. And If given more time and opportunity he will master this part of his bowling and become the perfect ODI bowler IMO.

thierry henry

International Coach
In the 2 most recent game against Australia he got absolutely slaughtered at the death. It completely ruined his figures and obscured how well he had bowled early on. My opinion is that he isn't right for the job (although I dunno who in the NZ team is.)

Maison

Cricket Spectator - 1st Warning
i havent seen it, i dont think so i cant really comment, but it cant be that bad if the news over here hasnt whinged about it..

after all i would like to see this form of 'chunking'

rofl lmao!

thierry henry

International Coach
You haven't seen it? This thread was from 4 years ago, and Australia just finished a series against NZ. Do you watch cricket?

Buddhmaster

International Captain
JASON said:
Mills is a brilliant bowler and is NZ's lethal weapon and developing into a brilliant bowler at the death as well.

I hope you don't mind my saying this, but I find it a little mischievous that this thread has been dug out when he is bowling brilliantly.

I hope it is not a mischievous intention on your part to dig it out now.
Going a bit overboard there.

I've always thought he looks a little suspect but never brought it up because I thought i was just seeing things, as nothing has been said

Ming

State 12th Man
Mills should not bowl at the death, and I thought Vettori used him very well today by finishing his quota before the 45 over mark.

Mills bowled at the death well in SA, but if you look back, not many were bowled in the block hole, most were good length slower balls which were poorly played by the Africans. He employed that approach against Australia and Hussey murdered him.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
In the recent Aus vs NZ series, there were 3 openers who are far better than him, and that's not looking at the other nations.

crickhowell

U19 Vice-Captain
The first time I saw him bowl was at the basin reserve a few years ago and straight away I noticed his elbow bending slightly, shortly afterwards he started wearing a white bandage tube thing when he played which he continued to wear for about a year and I concluded was an effort to hide it from the umpires or to maybe stop it from bending. Watching him yesterday I noticed his elbow still doing the same thing but is probably legal now there is this 15 degree allowance in the laws. I have to amit his opening spells have been pretty decent recently but I'd be happy to see him dropped if it was for someone who doesnt chuck.