• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

# 6 for 1946-2006 World Test XI

# 6 for 1946-2005 world Test XI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aussie tragic

International Captain
The # 6 for the 1946-2006 World Test XI is now up for selection from the following:

Ian Botham (Eng): 102 tests
5200 runs @ 33.54, (14/22), HS 208, 120 catches
383 wkts @ 28.40, (27/4), BB 8-34, SR 56.9, Econ 2.99

Imran Khan (Pak): 88 tests
3807 runs @ 37.69, (6/18), HS 136, 28 catches
362 wkts @ 22.81, (23/6), BB 8-58, SR 53.7, Econ 2.54

Keith Miller (Aus): 55 tests
2958 runs @ 36.97, (7/13), HS 147, 38 catches
170 wkts @ 22.97, (7/1), BB 7-60, SR 61.5, Econ 2.24

Gary Sobers (WI): 93 tests
8032 runs @ 57.78, (26/30), HS 365*, 109 catches
235 wkts @ 34.0, (6/0), BB 6-73, SR 91.9, Econ 2.22

Plus the following Batsmen:

Greg Chappell (Aus): 87 tests
7110 runs @ 53.86, (24/31), HS 247*, 122 catches
47 wkts @ 40.70, (1/0), BB 5-61, SR 113.3, Econ 2.15

Ricky Ponting (Aus): 108 tests
9316 runs @ 59.71, (33/36), HS 257,121 catches
5 wkts @ 46.20, (0/0), BB 1-0, SR 105.4, Econ 2.62

The 1946-2006 World Test XI so far:

1. Sunil Gavaskar (51.12)
2. Len Hutton (54.62)
3. Viv Richards (50.23)
4. Sachin Tendulkar (55.11)
5. Brian Lara (52.88)
7. Adam Gilchrist (48.98)

Last edited:

aussie tragic

International Captain
Thanks SS and PF, I've just voted Keith Miller just to spite you......:p

Not really, he's the greatest allrounder ever IMO and just because CW messed up the # 5 vote, doesn't change the fact that he has to be part of the postwar XI

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
aussie tragic said:
Thanks SS and PF, I've just voted Keith Miller just to spite you......:p

Not really, he's the greatest allrounder ever IMO and just because CW messed up the # 5 vote, doesn't change the fact that he has to be part of the postwar XI
So basically, you want Sobers to not make this all time XI. Repeat that to yourself and figure out how it sounds.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Lillian Thomson said:
Of course Sobers has to be part of the Post War XI, so does Lara, and Warne and Murali.:unsure:
Not really. Out of the four, Lara, Warne and Murali can all miss out. And many prominent people, and people on CW have one or more of them missing out. I've yet to see a single credible person not put Sobers in their side.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Lillian Thomson said:
Of course Sobers has to be part of the Post War XI, so does Lara, and Warne and Murali.:unsure:
So now SS and I know who to focus our :furious: on........... :)

Last edited:

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
silentstriker said:
Why don't you go and create the bowler thread?

Does the runner-up out of Khan, Miller and Botham join the bowlers thread? Of course that would mean people not voting for Sobers.:laugh:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Lillian Thomson said:
Does the runner-up out of Khan, Miller and Botham join the bowlers thread? Of course that would mean people not voting for Sobers.:laugh:
Might as well put them all in. Not like Botham is going to get any votes anyway, and Miller & Imran are already going to be part of that poll.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Aussie Tragic - Nothing wrong with your vote. I don't see why it should be a white-wash for Sobers. If people feel so strongly about him not missing out, why wasn't he voted in at #5? So according to CW, Sobers is not better than Lara, but he's so overwhelmingly better than Imran, Miller, Botham, Chappell, and Pointing that it shouldn't even be a debate? I disagree with that logic. In the end, I ended up voting for Sobers myself. However, I almost voted for Imran, because I still think this team would be better served with a pace-bowling all-rounder.

aussie tragic

International Captain
I obviously think Sobers should be in the team and think Lara is a result of "current generation" voting, so protest vote for Keith Miller...shame that both Sobers and Miller couldn't make it as they are the two best allrounders ever (no need to say IMO;))

oh yeah......may you all remember me when murali is not voted in as three pacers will now be required :)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
aussie tragic said:
I obviously think Sobers should be in the team and think Lara is a result of "current generation" voting, so protest vote for Keith Miller...shame that both Sobers and Miller couldn't make it as they are the two best allrounders ever (no need to say IMO;))

oh yeah......may you all remember me when murali is not voted in as three pacers will now be required :)
OK, go and start the pace thread now.