• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

# 6 for 1946-2006 World Test XI

# 6 for 1946-2005 world Test XI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
aussie tragic said:
Worst all-time XI I've ever seen......
  1. Botham
  2. Miller
  3. Sobers
  4. Khan
  5. Lillee
  6. Marshall
  7. Hadlee
  8. Thompson
  9. Trueman
  10. Ambrose
  11. McGrath

OK, how about now? This one is even better. Don't need a keeper, we'll just go for bowled and LBW.

aussie tragic

International Captain
silentstriker said:
Sure. But when you get bowled out for 15, don't come changing your mind.
Mate, I'm so confident I'll name an XI to smack your team and they aren't even in the 1946-2006 XI:

Hayden
Boycott
Ponting
Chappell
Waugh
Miller
Marsh
Imran
Hadlee
Trueman
Laker

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
aussie tragic said:
Hayden
Boycott
Ponting
Chappell
Waugh
Miller
Marsh
Imran
Hadlee
Trueman
Laker
LOL @ Hayden trying to go up against a real pace attack. Plus, your bowlers would realize that they shouldn't get wickets of fellow bowlers on the other side because then the dirty little batsmen would win. So they'd just feed free boundaries to the side, until Laker comes on, and then I'll stick Ambrose on him with a bat and no one will help a stinking spinner as he's getting clubbed.

Fusion

Global Moderator
aussie tragic said:
LOL as Imran is not going to get into the final bowler poll (Botham and Miller are runner-ups with one vote)
Why is Imran not in the opening bowler list? I thought you said you were going to include Imran/Miller/Botham in that? Also, I think it's rather absurd that Miller and Botham will go on to the final bowler poll on the strength of 1 votes each (as it stands currently). If I had wanted to, I could've voted strategically for Imran here to ensure he gets to the final bowler poll. However, I voted for who is the best player. Frankly, I think Imran deserves to be in that final bowler poll and you should put him in, regardless of whether he gets the ridiculous one or two votes needed to go through.

Fusion

Global Moderator
nightprowler10 said:
Imran, just to screw things up a bit.
Sweet! I call on all Imran fans to vote for him so he's included in the final bowler poll option. Right now, all he would need is one more vote to qualify, as absurd as that is. In fact, if it's within rules and precedent, I would like to ask AT to change my vote to Imran.

Edit: And the great Turbinator gives Imran the lead among the also-rans. Good man!

Last edited:

Fusion

Global Moderator
silentstriker said:
If we're going to use the runner up only rule, then I change my vote to Imran too.
The best method is to include all 3 (Imran/Miller/Botham) in the final bowler option. The runner-up rule, which works well most of the time, doesn't work in this case. The overwhelming majority picked Sobers for being the deserving choice in this poll. However, if the same group of people had to list a "2nd" choice, the votes wouldn't be so clear-cut. So for Imran, or Miller, or Botham to sneak through as runner-ups based on receiving like 2 or 3 votes is ridiculous. Let's put all 3 in the next poll!

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion said:
The best method is to include all 3 (Imran/Miller/Botham) in the final bowler option. The runner-up rule, which works well most of the time, doesn't work in this case. The overwhelming majority picked Sobers for being the deserving choice in this poll. However, if the same group of people had to list a "2nd" choice, the votes wouldn't be so clear-cut. So for Imran, or Miller, or Botham to sneak through as runner-ups based on receiving like 2 or 3 votes is ridiculous. Let's put all 3 in the next poll!

I tend to agree, I would have voted for Botham had the immortal Sir Garfield not been a factor, so chuck 'em all in. I don't expect any of them in the final line-up but there's no reason to exclude any of them.
What would be interesting is if a load of Ricky Ponting fans vote him as runner-up in this poll.:mellow:

Fusion

Global Moderator
Lillian Thomson said:
I tend to agree, I would have voted for Botham had the immortal Sir Garfield not been a factor, so chuck 'em all in. I don't expect any of them in the final line-up but there's no reason to exclude any of them.
What would be interesting is if a load of Ricky Ponting fans vote him as runner-up in this poll.:mellow:
Hahaha that would drive me nuts!

James

Cricket Web Owner
Can we cut out all this "you're ********" getting backwards and forwards between members. It's needless and unacceptable behaviour on the forums.

adharcric

International Coach
Those comments were in jest and everyone concerned was fully aware of that.

Last edited:

JBH001

International Regular
silentstriker said:
Irrelevant. Put Lara in for Sachin, it doesn't matter. But putting both in is a mistake.
Disagree.

BL and SRT both deserve to be in this side.

Spurious, and really nonsensical, arguments about team balance notwithstanding.

Sobers is at #6 where he should be.