• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Abn-amro 20/20

Xuhaib

International Coach
A throughly enjoyable tournament and I must say the quality of cricket is getting better every year.

The Good Points

• Amazing fast bowling depth, Akhter Ayub, Anwar Ali, Najaf Shah, Mohd Irshad (thank god 90+ miles pace is back) all look ready for international cricket.
  • Some decent spinning all-rounders who could prove usefull for ODI cricket
  • Mohd Asif-Despite all the bowling talents he still seemed the best paceman in the country, his over to Mohd Yousuf was one of the better sights in the tournament.
  • Shahid Afridi captaincy, throughly outcaptained Younis in Karachi vs Peshawar game.

Bad Points
  • Lack of batting talent:@, Imraan Nazir, Misbah ul Haq and Hasan Raza still seem the best domestic batsman in Pakistan and among the new blood apart from Fawad Alam and Adnan Raza nobody really impressed
  • Fielding and Fitness, some of the players like Ashwaq Ahmed and Akhmter Sarfaraz make Inzi looke super fit.
  • Shoaib Akhter- Looked way off colour
  • Salman Butt- I always thought he had the potential to be really good but he has really gone in to his shell, was made to look like an amature by Mohd Sami of all people.

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
Mohammad Irshad made VRV Singh look like Malcolm Marshall when I saw him in some A-level matches last year. 8-)

Xuhaib

International Coach
adharcric said:
Mohammad Irshad made VRV Singh look like Malcolm Marshall when I saw him in some A-level matches last year. 8-)
Irshad had just changed his action during that period so he was still in the process of adjusting to his new action, even though there are no speed guns but from what I have seen he easily looked the fastest bowler on show and was even getting good seam movement and overall looked 10X the bowler then the one we saw in that Abu Dhabi tournament.

adharcric

International Coach
Xuhaib said:
Irshad had just changed his action during that period so he was still in the process of adjusting to his new action, even though there are no speed guns but from what I have seen he easily looked the fastest bowler on show and was even getting good seam movement and overall looked 10X the bowler then the one we saw in that Abu Dhabi tournament.
That's good to hear. How are Jamshed, Anwar and Mansoor doing?

Xuhaib

International Coach
adharcric said:
That's good to hear. How are Jamshed, Anwar and Mansoor doing?
Jamshed got injured prior to the tournament so he is not playing, Mansoor's bowling has gone of the boil and he is turning in to Chris Schoffeild of Pakistan cricket which is really sad and as for Anwar the lad has just modified his action a bit which seems to have helped him since he is now able to move the ball away as well along with his lethal incoming ball.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
ABN AMRO?
so a dutch bank, sponsors cricket in Pakistan, and doesn't really support the sport in The Netherlands...shame.

no1_gangsta_786

U19 Cricketer
Shahid Afridi smashing his way to 49 of 19 balls in the semi-final (3 fours, 5 sixes) and helpin Karachi Dolphins in to the final. However, he isnt playing in the final...does anybody no whether he is injured or something?

mohammad16

U19 Captain
WTH is up with western names.............

teams should be called

karachi lafagays

lahore jihadist

rawalpindi mujahideens

islamabad bandars

pindi paindoos

mohammad16

U19 Captain
OH and im soooooo happy that teams are now based on citys, theres much more pride now

back then it was habib bank, and this bank and that airlines, completely useless

Xuhaib

International Coach
What a Great Final!!!

Karach put up a valiant fight without their skipper Afiridi (who has gone to perform Hajj) but in the end the star studded Sialkot had too much class for them.

Imran Nazir vs Mo Sami was good compulsive viewing in the initial overs and also Asif's first spell was breathtaking to watch but the star of the show was young Fawad Alam who took 5 wickets and almost guided Karachi to unlikely victory with a well managed 50, he certainly showed why he is regarded the best young player in Pakistan and in the end desevedly got the man of the match as well as the player of the tournament.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
mohammad16 said:
WTH is up with western names.............

teams should be called

karachi lafagays

lahore jihadist

rawalpindi mujahideens

islamabad bandars

pindi paindoos
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the team names. The only place you'll see an eagle or a lion in Lahore is in the zoo, maybe. It should've been Lahore Mughals. Karachi Lalu Khet has a nice ring to it too. :ph34r: