• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best/funnest fielding position

What is the best/funnest fielding position?

• Covers

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Keeper

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Gully/Point

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Mid Off/On

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Square Leg

• Short Leg/Bat pad etc

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Fine leg

• Long On/ off

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stumped

Banned
What do you think is the best/funnest fielding position.
Personaly i believe keeper, the maybe covers or gully.
Slips i believe would have to be the boringest.

adharcric

International Coach
Big difference between gully and point IMO. Fielding at gully is almost like fielding at slip, but fielding at point is pretty fun if you like to run around, take a start and charge the ball. Fielding at mid-off can also be fun if you like to work on the ball.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Depends what level you are playing at.

If you are playing a fairly lower/casual level, and can catch a ball, mid-on is gold. The amount of skied catches there is amazing.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I generally go at either 2nd slip, backward point or Mid-Off, so pretty varied. I like to think of myself as a good fielder, who can catch better than most people.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Backward point or short cover/midwicket. Generally just catching positions, especially when the position is in the batsman's favourite run scoring area. I'm a wicketkeeper though and find that much more enjoyable than slip.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I love fielding at cover, but to be fair I haven`t fielded elsewhere, other than fine-leg, for most my cricket career.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anywhere near the batsman, really, but cover's great. Get to make a few stops, a catch or two, and you get a chance for some good sledging

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
I like to field at covers or backward point. Fielding in the slips is supposed to be glamorous, but I've stood at second slip for ages in school games and it gets really boring. The concentration levels required are enormous.