• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I dont think ill watch any cricket 2 years from now

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Tendulkar, lara, mgrath, warne, inzamam dravid all gone

these are the bestest players of the last 15 years, they will all be gone

sure there is talent in world cricket, but we have no one who will be able to match these guys in terms of productivity and entertainment all in one package

people always say, not to worry, ull see players step up and fill the void left by the current greats

i dont think so

tendulkar, lara, mgrath, warne and inzamam were special right from the get go

when these guys were liek 16-19 u could tell they were something special

how many players currently can u give that tag too??? no one comes to mind except maybe KP

but KP is just one player, and its just too many great players, legendary players leaving the game at the same time

Cricket is going to take a huge hit, i really feel the overall interest in the game will take a big hit

theres not much room for optimism in my view, but lets hope for the best

mohammad16

U19 Captain
couple this with the fact that fast bowling has been on the decline in the last 5-6 years, the future doenst really look bright

shoaib akhtar, brett lee and bond will also be gone, 3 of the fastest bowlers all around the same age

LA ICE-E

State Captain
its ok there's always great players leaving....like the mass exodus of west indies and australia but even greater have come and filled in their shoes...so i dont think theres any thing to worry about.....because new generation take it to the next level most of the time.....

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
*SHRUG*, players come and go...the game stays forever. I will never be sadder than I was yesterday when McGrath leaving was finalized. I'll shed a few tears at Sydney, and then its time to move on.

WIll be sad when Tendulkar leaves but not as much as I was yesterday. Old stars fade, and new ones take their place. Thats the way it goes.

mohammad16

U19 Captain
except this time I DONT SEE ANY NEW STARS taking thier place

most great players showed something from age 18

we have no 18 year old showing us signs of greatness right now

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
And age 19, Glenn McGrath couldn't get into his grade side. Kevin Pietersen was an offspinner unable to get a regular place in the Natal side.

Sensationalist rubbish at best. Pure idiocy at worst.

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Neil Pickup said:
And age 19, Glenn McGrath couldn't get into his grade side. Kevin Pietersen was an offspinner unable to get a regular place in the Natal side.

Sensationalist rubbish at best. Pure idiocy at worst.
why cant u jus use simple words, why u gotta act all smart

and im not saying that all great players HAVE TO show signs of greatness at age 18, im just saying its been a trend, and we dont really see any crazy 18-19 year olds, so we cant be certain the future is safe

im talking the near future, as in the next 5 years after all these players are gone, im sure in the long run we will have more great players

and ur rubbish

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
mohammad16 said:
why cant u jus use simple words, why u gotta act all smart

and im not saying that all great players HAVE TO show signs of greatness at age 18, im just saying its been a trend, and we dont really see any crazy 18-19 year olds, so we cant be certain the future is safe

im talking the near future, as in the next 5 years after all these players are gone, im sure in the long run we will have more great players

and ur rubbish
me use big words cause me not only able to use little ones

why me rubbish? me only say that little kids not good straight away

why you not seen jamshaid ahmad anwar ali they swing ball lots and lots and lots and they very good they going to be next wasim and waqar

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Neil Pickup said:

why you not seen jamshaid ahmad anwar ali they swing ball lots and lots and lots and they very good they going to be next wasim and waqar

ur so entertaining, anyways jamsheds and anwar ali dont show the promise the tendulkars and the lara showed at that age, so puhleassse

Josh

International Regular
Bloody hell, you've got to be joking!! You can't pick a superstar before they even play. Who's to say the next Glenn McGrath isn't coming through junior grade cricket today?? Who's to say the next Inzamam isn't rising through the ranks as we speak??

Your thoughts have no merit and no credibility. Have a think about something before you go out and say it. I seriously can't believe what I'm reading. Intelligence purely is just beneath some people.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hey stop bagging the guy, I mean, I know I'll give up watching cricket when Shaun Udal retires....

jammay123

State 12th Man
there is greatness comeing through

grahem smith and bell mid twenties can be great
kp will be the worlds best 25
cook and broad barely 20 showing signs of being worlds best and for the guy who says thyat the 'greats' like shoaib and bond they have played about 60 tests between them
and lee only came back onto the scene for the last ashes
you need to look at tait and johnson coming through they could be magnificent and pakistan always has a few good pacemen coming through which was shown when their u19 one the world cup at a canter

your just going over the top

Neil Pickup said:

That was the funniest thing I have heard in a while on CW.:laugh: