• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cameron White

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I don't really rate his bowling much at all - it's probably on about even keel with Symonds at this stage and that isn't saying much.

His batting though is very impressive IMO. He can hit big when he wants to, but the thing that has impressed me this season is that he hasn't tried to do it too often when the isn't there for it - he can keep the ball along the ground when need be and he has a good defensive technique as well.

I am sure he'll replace Martyn in the one day lineup this season, especially with Watson being out now. I'm not sure about him as a test player though - his bowling would be decidedly useless IMO and I'd probably bowl Katich before him given the choice - and his batting isn't quite good enough by itself to command a spot in the team. In saying that though, I'd rather him than Symonds....

Josh

International Regular
CL White (Vic)
1st Class:
67 matches
3590 Runs @ 36.63; HS 260; 7 100's, 16 50's.
131 Wickets @ 38.39; BBI 6/66; 1 10WM, 2 5WI
ODD:
46 matches
915 runs @ 28.59; 1 100's, 5 50's
44 Wickets @ 33.93; BBI 4/15

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Despite his statistics he's a genuine gunface. Agree that he should slot in at 7 in the one-day side. Would allow Australia to pick four genuine quicks (Lee, Clark, Bracken, McGrath).

Craig

World Traveller
Lol Australia's spin stocks are really are getting threadbare in terms of geniune quality.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Josh said:
CL White (Vic)
1st Class:
67 matches
3590 Runs @ 36.63; HS 260; 7 100's, 16 50's.
131 Wickets @ 38.39; BBI 6/66; 1 10WM, 2 5WI
ODD:
46 matches
915 runs @ 28.59; 1 100's, 5 50's
44 Wickets @ 33.93; BBI 4/15
According to Cricinfo those one day stats are incorrect.

He has made 1715 @ 33.62 and taken 60 wickets @ 34.95.

Josh

International Regular
mikeW said:
According to Cricinfo those one day stats are incorrect.

He has made 1715 @ 33.62 and taken 60 wickets @ 34.95.
Ones I had probably not updated for this season. Lousy bums.