• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Zimbabwe v Pakistan Test Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by Choora

At the moment India doesn't have Khan & Balaji, with them around India will have a one hell of an attack.

Nath and khan to open the attack
Balaji will be the first change bowler, and Harb and Bangar/Yadev will do the rest of the job!
If this Balaji is half the player you seem to think he is, he'll have 100 ODI wickets by the end of the World Cup.

Choora

State Regular
Originally posted by marc71178
Originally posted by Choora

At the moment India doesn't have Khan & Balaji, with them around India will have a one hell of an attack.

Nath and khan to open the attack
Balaji will be the first change bowler, and Harb and Bangar/Yadev will do the rest of the job!
If this Balaji is half the player you seem to think he is, he'll have 100 ODI wickets by the end of the World Cup.

I said he's hell talented , never said that he's the greatest ever bowler, because even the best pacer today won't be able to get 100 wkt in such a short time

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Murali will soon, although it will take a while if he keeps playing Tests whilst injured and then missing the ODIs, and I would say he is a far superior bowler to Kumble who often defies his discription as a "spinner"

Murali's got 296 at 23.28 of 200 matches
Kumble's got 300 at 29.84 of 235 games
Saqlain's got 271 at 21.37 of 156 games

All these spinners were at their peak in the 1996 season, suggests to me Saqlain has been the most succesful bowler of the three. For the last two years though his career has suffered a lot, his line ans length have been dramatically changed from an attacking and aggressive mode to a hopeless flat out trajectory. Murali leads the crop at the moment though should go on to greater heights, but Saqlain's got what it takes as well. Kumble is on the fast track out of Professional cricket.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Same with Murali at this rate. Once again he manages to elude Australia, part of why his stats are so good no doubt. Call me a cynic but all his injuries have one common factor...:P

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by Bazzaroodoo
Same with Murali at this rate. Once again he manages to elude Australia, part of why his stats are so good no doubt. Call me a cynic but all his injuries have one common factor...:P
Injuries prevented him from playing the recent England series also fully. It didn't have anything to do with Australia. The Darrell Hair incident and insinuations and innuendos by Aussie players and their media might be weighing on his mind a bit.

The Australian team also has bunnies against quality spin like Ponting and Gilchrist and they will find it hard to counter a fully-fit and confident Murali.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I said he's hell talented , never said that he's the greatest ever bowler, because even the best pacer today won't be able to get 100 wkt in such a short time
Almost every post you make suggests he's going to burst onto the scene and be an immediate star - you'd look pretty stupid if he doesn't!

Choora

State Regular
Well he will!!

Though it might be asking for too much to come up with a amazing performance in the ongoing onedayers keeping in view of the dead tracks, yet i believe he will do pretty well.
Balaji will be a star for India in years to come, a force to reckon with! Hope Pathan also gets a call soon:)

Bazza

International 12th Man
I was just saying I believe Murali missed the last SL tour to Aus, and didn't he miss some other games against them? Coincidence? You decide...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by Bazzaroodoo
I was just saying I believe Murali missed the last SL tour to Aus, and didn't he miss some other games against them? Coincidence? You decide...
I don't think it is because he is scared. He is a quality bowler and SL's tried and tested match winner and they will never let him sit out tours unless there is a genuine reason. Besides, I think quality spinners always have a chance against Australia. Other than Hayden and to a certain extent, Steve Waugh, there are not too many good players of spin in the Aussie lineup. Hell, even Giles did well against them in the first test.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm wondering why Zimbabwe picked Nkala again...I thought they had finally realised he is not International Standard...:(

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Good performance from Saqlain, tis very good to see him performing again, when in good form he is an asset for the team, I can imagine three pacers making life difficult for the batsmen, and then this fellow coming in to spin his own web.

Go_India

School Boy/Girl Captain
i think pakistan can only perform good with teams like zim,bang,kenya,holland.
pak should have a series between them and i hope pakistan win that series and they should forget about the world cup :lol: and facing india:lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by Go_India
i think pakistan can only perform good with teams like zim,bang,kenya,holland.
pak should have a series between them and i hope pakistan win that series and they should forget about the world cup :lol: and facing india:lol:
Oh dear it looks like we have "another" on our hands now. Well at least you can understand him unlike Bombay_Harrony. Just one thing? Why are they both Indian? Nothing against Indian's here but there are 2 people trying to stir things up here (not including the Yohannan bloke as he's barely on now) who come from India...

V Reddy

International Debutant
Hey Go_India Speak with some sense. Hey Rik, don't take it seriously . Then its real fun. Now a days i am really really eager to come to CricketWeb Forums:lol::lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by vishnureddy
Hey Go_India Speak with some sense. Hey Rik, don't take it seriously . Then its real fun. Now a days i am really really eager to come to CricketWeb Forums:lol::lol:
Hehehe with all the people who don't speak sense? Well it seems like in Bombay_Harrony we had a new Navjot Sidhu...anyway I wasn't being serious before, I was just sighing about "oh no not another" hehe

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Nothing against Indian's here but there are 2 people trying to stir things up here (not including the Yohannan bloke as he's barely on now) who come from India...
And there's also you, who is causing as many problems as those 2 put together.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by marc71178
Nothing against Indian's here but there are 2 people trying to stir things up here (not including the Yohannan bloke as he's barely on now) who come from India...
And there's also you, who is causing as many problems as those 2 put together.
Errrm, right, and that's supposed to help the situation here?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Right, that's it.

Rik, there is absolutely no need for this. This is the sixth thread tonight that I've come into and found you and Go_India provoking each other and my patience has just run out.

If you have a problem with another post or user, the "Report Post" button is here for a reason. Do not take the matter into your own hands and make remarks that can easily be construed as racist. This thread is already irretrievably into the cul-de-sac and as such it's closed.

If others want a discussion that's actually about the Zimbabwe v Pakistan Cricket and not cheap and pathetic point scoring, start a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.