• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Adam Gilchrist's 6s

aussie tragic

International Captain
Lillian Thomson said:
Very average selection of bowlers he's hit them off.

Yeah, only Pollock, Hoggard and Murali stand out, however Pollock was a 2006 version, Hoggard is understandable and as for Murali, even panesar has the same number of sixes off him as Gilchrist ;)

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
aussie tragic said:
Yeah, only Pollock, Hoggard and Murali stand out, however Pollock was a 2006 version, Hoggard is understandable and as for Murali, even panesar has the same number of sixes off him as Gilchrist ;)
Harbhajan and Saqlain are pretty comparable to Hoggard, I'd say. Harbhajan in Indian conditions in particular. Nel and Asif aren't poor bowlers either. Murali and Pollock obviously the pick of the bunch, though.

edit: Pretty amazing that 17 of them have come off Vettori.

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
pasag said:
And how many does he have in Tests?
50 sixes in 46 innings vs Gilly's 97 sixes in 127 innings. Afridi's sixes per inning ratio is far superior to Gilly's, but that obviously doesn't tell the whole story. Plus Afridi will never overtake Gilly as I don't think the former will play as much test cricket in his career.

Personally, I don't see what the big deal is.

Dravid

International Captain
mohammad16 said:
Just 97?

afridi has liek 200 in odis
It's test Cricket, much harder. And 2nd, the only thing Afridi looks to do is hit sixes. Gilchrist is a batsman, Afridi is a slogger.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Looking at the list, i'm surprised how high up Flintoff is, knew he was England's highest but he has 76 so probably will be the next after Gilchrist to get to 100. Then there won't be anyone for a while(unless Lara carried on for a while(or even just has a couple of overs against Robin Peterson)), but KP already has 34 from 40 innings and we play a lot of test cricket so he might be a decent bet.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
True, but it's still pretty cool when you think that Gilly almost has 100 of them in Tests.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Perm said:
True, but it's still pretty cool when you think that Gilly almost has 100 of them in Tests.
Yup. One of the few people, along with Sir Viv, that took destructive batting, and also made it consistent batting.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Its amazing that among the 97 he treasures the solitary Six against Murali at Kandy the most . And does not mention a single one of the 17 sixes he has hit off Dan Vettori.

In terms of 6 ers , Daniel Vettori must be Gilchrist's Bunny !!:laugh: