• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Harmison retiring from odi

dass

Banned
seriously whats wrong with the english team? players retire, get axed and get injured for such silly reasons. i mean i was looking at harmison oneday form and he only played badly in the last few matches, so why does he have to retire for not performing well in the last few oneday matches, i mean doesnt that happen to almost every player in the world? no wonder england are not a competitive side anymore, their selectors are bunch of idiots

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
^ Don't worry he'll come out of it soon! He just wants attention... either that or just some time off and just wants to focus on Test cricket at the moment.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just in time too...I heard rumours the ACB were going to have to spend an extra $100 for the upcoming series supplying the square leg umpires with helmets if Harmison played on.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
Son Of Coco said:
Just in time too...I heard rumours the ACB were going to have to spend an extra $100 for the upcoming series supplying the square leg umpires with helmets if Harmison played on.
lol:laugh:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Turbinator said:
^ Don't worry he'll come out of it soon! He just wants attention... either that or just some time off and just wants to focus on Test cricket at the moment.
Why don't you just shut up about the attention seeking?

He'd already said a year or so back that he didn't see himself going past the World Cup in ODIs.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Why don't you just shut up about the attention seeking?

He'd already said a year or so back that he didn't see himself going past the World Cup in ODIs.
All right man chill, this is the first time I said that.

open365

International Vice-Captain
dass said:
seriously whats wrong with the english team? players retire, get axed and get injured for such silly reasons. i mean i was looking at harmison oneday form and he only played badly in the last few matches, so why does he have to retire for not performing well in the last few oneday matches, i mean doesnt that happen to almost every player in the world? no wonder england are not a competitive side anymore, their selectors are bunch of idiots
The selectors have nothing to do with him retiring, he's just a very weak willed sportsman who'd rather give up and spend time with his family than work on getting better.

I'm not that bothered about him retiring because he was rubbish, but it really does show you what problems Steve has at top level sport, it's as if he has no desire at all, i know i don't have any right to say that not knowing the guy, but sometimes you just have to question how someone like him found his way to the top level of the cricket world.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
open365 said:
The selectors have nothing to do with him retiring, he's just a very weak willed sportsman who'd rather give up and spend time with his family than work on getting better.

I'm not that bothered about him retiring because he was rubbish, but it really does show you what problems Steve has at top level sport, it's as if he has no desire at all, i know i don't have any right to say that not knowing the guy, but sometimes you just have to question how someone like him found his way to the top level of the cricket world.
How exactly was he rubbish?

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year

open365

International Vice-Captain
Turbinator said:
I still wouldn't say he's rubbish, he's in the process of maturing. He's only 28 right, he was going through a rough phase, let him mature get to 30... he would've done fairly well had he not retired. In other words, I don't think of him as a rubbish bowler, more so a mediocre one.
Yeh but i don't see Harmison getting any better and i'm beggining to whether he was acctualy good in the first place. Like i said, i don't see any desire there, he turns up when the pitch is a minefield and keeps the doubters off his back for a while, but when it's not going his way he just looks completely useless, and the way he froze at Brisbane is unforgiveable.