• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

20/20 Cricket Poll - How many like it ?

20/20 Cricket Poll

• Total voters

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
But we've got to agree, around the world there is more hunger for ODIs than Test and 20/20 cricket. Look at the attendance levels lately. For example the SA/IND series. The attendance for the ODIs was superb, and look how it was when the Test series came around. Same for NZL/SRI LANKA, the attendance was quite poor in the Test series, watch when the ODIs come around. Same goes for India's tour of WI. I only watched a bit of the PAK/WI series, but I am pretty sure the trend was the same.

Correct me if I am wrong.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, Australia and England are the only countries that consistently sell out tests, unfortunately.

Not sure what it has to do with the quality of the formats, anyway. Just because people attend ODIs doesn't mean it's a better form of the game than test cricket. 20/20 games get huge attendances in domestic leagues anyway.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I Hate it. It devalues cricket, it sells cricket out and it has the potential to take over both test cricket and ODI cricket in the future..

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
FaaipDeOiad said:
Yeah, Australia and England are the only countries that consistently sell out tests, unfortunately.

Not sure what it has to do with the quality of the formats, anyway. Just because people attend ODIs doesn't mean it's a better form of the game than test cricket. 20/20 games get huge attendances in domestic leagues anyway.
Yeah I never said it's a better form of the game, all I mean to say is a majority of people enjoy ODIs more and, unfortunately, take the results with more importance. But it's largely due to the fact that the World Cup is played in that format.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
_Ed_ said:
For me it's ODI > Test > Daylight > Twenty20.

I don't know why I prefer ODIs to Tests, can't provide a reason.
Lack of quality New Zealand Test Cricket?

Lack of any New Zealand Test Cricket?

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Nnanden said:
Lack of quality New Zealand Test Cricket?

Lack of any New Zealand Test Cricket?
You're right, that does play a part in your decision, how well your team's doing. Cuz' before this RSA test series, TBH, I liked ODIs more than I liked Tests by a mile, and considered them more important. But after this RSA win, I am beginning to like Tests, slightly, more.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
chaminda_00 said:
7 Tests would take two months, about 10 weeks. Nothing wrong with two months of good solid Test Cricket. I'll take that over your average 2 week tour any day of the week.
yeah and they players would agree huh? i dont think so its not easy performing 5 days for 7 times in 2 months....thats why it should be 3 test 3 odi(5 i think is to much) and 1-3 twenty20s

LA ICE-E

State Captain
_Ed_ said:
For me it's ODI > Test > Twenty20.

I don't know why I prefer ODIs to Tests, can't provide a reason.

But I really don't like Twenty20 at all.
my view....probably because the world cup is played in that form....twenty20 world championship is going to be like a little quiz.....tests are like skill tests but the world cupsare the final exam....

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Turbinator said:
You're right, that does play a part in your decision, how well your team's doing. Cuz' before this RSA test series, TBH, I liked ODIs more than I liked Tests by a mile, and considered them more important. But after this RSA win, I am beginning to like Tests, slightly, more.
Maybe in your decision.

cover drive man

International Captain
I like 20/20 but less than ODis(ie prefer ODIs to 20/20)

Twenty twenty is a fun little show at the moment it could be a really good sport in time but for now it can't match up to odi cricket.

Last edited:

Steulen

International Regular
For me, it's all about wanting to watch cricket but not really having the time for it. As such, Twenty20 is perfect ,as it takes just one evening.

However, I like the ebb and flow of a good ODI more than the one-dimensional highway experience that is Twenty20.

Test cricket is....just...way...too...slowwwwwwww. i like it, mind, but it's less than the other two for mine. I hate it when I have the time to watch a session and all that happens is some !#$%^% eking out 15 runs in two hours while one ball is bowled per minute if you're lucky. Blech.

cover drive man

International Captain
For me, it's all about wanting to watch cricket but not really having the time for it. As such, Twenty20 is perfect ,as it takes just one evening.

However, I like the ebb and flow of a good ODI more than the one-dimensional highway experience that is Twenty20.

Test cricket is....just...way...too...slowwwwwwww. i like it, mind, but it's less than the other two for mine. I hate it when I have the time to watch a session and all that happens is some !#$%^% eking out 15 runs in two hours while one ball is bowled per minute if you're lucky. Blech.

Test cricket may be slow but it's far from boring. When I watch a game I concentrate on how the players are looking and judging if there up for it I see who's batting first and try judging how they'll get on. Theres some top quality cricket in test cricket. Twenty-twenty although a fun evening game has very sloppy play and players hardly get time to get into there stride, sometimes there is good cricket in the twenty twenty but its not the same as normal test match cricket. In my inexperienced opinion I bielieve twenty-twenty cricket was brought into the modern cricket scene to try and incourage young talent to enter the game by showing young people how fun cricket can be. In my particular area cricket still isnt popular, people enjoy doing it in physical education lessons were they have to play but there is hardly anyone who is geunuinly willing to take up cricket. Football remains the dominant sport but what I cant understand is there are people who take up football as there sport and shun all other sports. That is what most kids are doing these days. Mainly because football is a fast fun game, this is why (I bielieve) Twenty-twenty cricket was brought in for. To atract younger fans into cricket. Twenty-twenty has potential but it lets itself down by the sloppy play which we witness. In my opinion I wouldnt mind twenty-twenty being changed to a thirty-thirty which will allow more quality cricket being played and will still be shorter than watching a one day international all day.

cover drive man

International Captain
test cricket is also very entertaining and i am looking forward to lots of it this summer.
Same here btw head hunter I know you're a fan of the Irish team and I was wandering what do you think of Irelands hopes in entering test cricket.

(I know this isn't about twenty-twenty) But I would like to know headhunters views.

Last edited:

headhunter

International Vice-Captain
well i think it will take a couple of years 10-15 but we can make it as a test nation.firstly we must become more competitave in ODI's.btw how do you qualify as a test nation?

cover drive man

International Captain
Test status is conferred upon a country by the International Cricket Council. Countries that do not have Test status can only officially play a shortened version of cricket, except in events such as the ICC Intercontinental Cup, which was specifically designed to allow non-Test nations to play under conditions similar to Tests.