• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SO When are these chaps gonna quit ?

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Ok here are the grandpas (32+) in each of the teams other than AUstralia who haven't announced their retirements yet..

Australia
Langer
Hayden
Gilchrist
Ponting
McGill

Pakistan
Inzi
Moyo

England
Gilo
Tres
Vaughan

India
Kumble
Tendulkar
Ganguly
Dravid
Laxman

Sri Lanka
Atapattu
Vaas
Murali
Jaya

NZL
Astle
Fleming

WI
Lara
Chanders

RSA
Pollock
Gibbs

So when do you guys tips the aforementioned gentlemen to quit the game ?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hopefully Gilly never retires but continues to play until he dies, averaging over 100 from now till he finishes. I'm tipping Fleming and Astle to retire after the World Cup, both have been terrific servants of NZ cricket.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Salamuddin said:
Ok here are the grandpas (32+) in each of the teams other than AUstralia who haven't announced their retirements yet..

Australia
Langer
Hayden
Gilchrist
Ponting
McGill

Pakistan
Inzi
Moyo

England
Gilo
Tres
Vaughan

India
Kumble
Tendulkar
Ganguly
Dravid
Laxman

Sri Lanka
Atapattu
Vaas
Murali
Jaya

NZL
Astle
Fleming

WI
Lara
Chanders

RSA
Pollock
Gibbs

So when do you guys tips the aforementioned gentlemen to quit the game ?

woops....didn't realise there was already a retirement thread.....will post there.
My 'pologies to Monsieurs Pickup, Top_Cat and Jacknamara.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Giles for me will retire after the WC after his not selected.

Murali, Jayasuriya and Atapattu will retire from One Day Cicket after the WC. Jayasuriya might stay for the Australia summer though.

Jayasuriya and Atapattu will retire from Test Cricket after the Australian Series, first time they played during the main summer since 96, so would be a good time to retire.

Murali will play Test Cricket until he reached 800 wickets IMO

Vaas i think will keep going in both forms for another couple years, probably retire after the 2011 WC.

MacGill won't retire he will get dropped.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I doubt Murali will retire from either form of the game at the moment or after the World Cup. Jaysuriya and Vaas may do after the World Cup. All depends on form and others coming thru.

Vaas I suspect will retire some time next year.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Astle will probably after the World Cup. I want to see new blood in the Black Caps side but I'm hoping Flemo will stay on until about 37/38.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chaminda_00 said:
Giles for me will retire after the WC after his not selected.
At the moment he's not even likely to be available - if he was, I'm fairly sure he'd be selected in the squad at least.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Ponting, Dravid and Yousuf won't retire for at least 3 or 4 years IMO. Not particularly close at all. I think Laxman and Hayden will hang around for a fair while too. Giles, Gilchrist, Atapattu and Jayasuria will all go relatively soon.

Langer, Kumble, MacGill and Lara are really tough to pick. Any of them could go very soon or hang around for another couple of years.

Beleg

International Regular
I dunno about Inzy. I don't think he'll go until Pakistan has found a fourth quality consistent batsman.