• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2009 Ashes - Bring it ON !!!!

Salamuddin

International Debutant
the 2006/2007 Ashes has lost my interest even with all the brouhahah and the tears about the retirements......

Ok People ......2009 in England:
1) Can England win it back ?
2) What are likely to be the 2 X1's that play in the first test at Lords (presumably) ?

My tip:
1) Yes, England will win it back in 2009 by 2 tests to one.
2)

England
Cook
Strauss (Herr Kapitan)
Bell
KP
Joyce
Freddy
Davies
Hoggster
Broad
Panesar
Simon Jones

Australia
Jacques
Rogers
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Watto
Haddin
Cameron White
Lee
Johnson
Clark

tendulkar

Cricket Spectator
England will win I reckon, playing at home and Australia will be without Mcgrath and Warne. Would probably be the first time in a while England enters an Ashes series as favourites

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
though it is really too early to predict, i seriously doubt whether england can actually regain the ashes in the next series...it might be closer than this one but it's hard to visualize them beating a fully healthy and motivated australian side in a five match series unless a couple of world class bowlers emerge in the next 2 years....