• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

McGrath: "Why does everyone think I’m retiring?"

pasag

RTDAS
Heard this on the radio just now in the car. He says he hasn't even hinted at anything and he has no idea where everyone is getting the notion of his retirement from. He also said he has a lot of cricket still left in him.

Thoughts?

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
I think he's just playing with us. Ex-players who are good friends with him who are now in the media wouldnt come out and say he's going unless he told them directly.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Still not convinced..... plenty more cricket in him may only mean the 2007 World Cup.... i'll be waiting with baited breath until something is official

adharcric

International Coach
With the Ashes won, I don't see him going beyond the World Cup either. That would be a pretty good time to call it a day.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
adharcric said:
With the Ashes won, I don't see him going beyond the World Cup either. That would be a pretty good time to call it a day.
Not real sure if after the loss the World Cup final to Sri Lanka, is the best time to call it a day. Might as well end on a high after they win the Ashes.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
:laugh: I think initially he was deciding to retire, but then he saw most of the attention going towards Warne's retirement... So he decided to retire later at a time when he can get all the attention without Warne having to interfere.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Turbinator said:
:laugh: I think initially he was deciding to retire, but then he saw most of the attention going towards Warne's retirement... So he decided to retire later at a time when he can get all the attention without Warne having to interfere.
Yeah, I'm sure he made the entire decision about his future based on that. 8-)

Anyway, it's great news. I was never really convinced that he was going to retire, but the longer he went without denying it the more realistic the rumours seemed. After the World Cup could well be a good time, though.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
chaminda_00 said:
Not real sure if after the loss the World Cup semi final to Sri Lanka, is the best time to call it a day, and it's not as if Sri Lanka win it either in the final... they get a 280 run drubbing from India instead. Might as well end on a high after they win the Ashes.
Now this seams more like it....

LA ICE-E

State Captain
he'll probably retire after the world cup but it wont be on a high note like the ashes....but it will probably be on a good note as he'll bowl well but aussies wont win the world cup this time.....sorry guys....it'll be either one of the subcontinent teams or west indies(unlikely) not saying south africa and new zealand doesnt have a chance which they really do but the conditions supports the subcontinent teams so hopefully it will be bangladesh:ph34r: (eh....lol....i wish...)but its not going to be aussies(mostly because im reaching a point where im starting to hate the aussies because they win so much and dont leave any thing for the other teams....its about to be like Raghav but any team that plays aussies)