• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Steve Harmison retires

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Im really not sure what to make of this! lol. Im actually a bit shocked even.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Plus England have named 36 year old Paul Nixon as back-up to Chris Read!!!!

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
well i reckoned he could have still been useful for England in ODI's if he is used as a 1st or 2nd change bowler like in 2005 Natwest series. But i guess the selectors axing of him may have promted his decision.

But geez they are dumb, Paul Nixon WTF...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
For the best, really. Never ploughed a consistent enough furrow to be genuinely top-drawer in ODIs.

Nixon tho. Wow. Pothas must be a live chance if he's in contention at his age.

Arrow

U19 Vice-Captain
Why the hell is retiring from ODI at 28 years of age? Seems to be a sook after missing selection from the one day series, which im surprised about anyway.

Dravid

International Captain
Arrow said:
Why the hell is retiring from ODI at 28 years of age? Seems to be a sook after missing selection from the one day series, which im surprised about anyway.
Like I said, he just wants some kind of attention.