Thread: Australia's Leadership Group?

Banned

Australia's Leadership Group?

With the Impending departure of 3 of the leadership group in McGrath,Warne and Gilchrist and the loss of Martyn Already.

Who do you see as the likely contenders to take up a place in Australia's Leadership Group?

Michael Hussey -

Although only played 14 Tests his year's of First Class Experience stand him in ausome stead up there with Lehmann IMO in Leadership skills.

Michael Clarke -

Played 25 Tests and will be in the Australian Team for the Next 10 Years, obviously a logical choice and will need to stand up to be counted as he is most probably the one after Ponting.

Brett Lee -

Now a Veteran of 57 Test Matches has quite possibly 6 years left in him but it could turn out to be 3 years but in those years will be Australia's Most Experienced Bowler and will need to stand up with Stuart Clark to lead the attack.

Cameron White -

No Matter what people say he has potential and leadership is certaintly part of that potential certaintly knocking on the one day door so his experience of captaining Victoria will be vital. Lets Hope he performs as well.

Does anyone else have any possibiliy's or ideas?

Hussey and Haddin IMO.
    Stedders' Supported XI (in batting order)
    NJ Kruger, *SM Katich, LA Carseldine, MEK Hussey, Mohammad Ashraful, NT Broom, AA Noffke, +Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Mortaza, DE Bollinger, WAP Mendis.

CricketWeb Black!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I think Ponting forgot to take his Swiss Ulti-Vites when he was on 99 not out.
    RIP Fardin.

Agree with those you mentioned, but I doubt Cameron White will find his way into the team anytime soon. Stuart Clark should become part of the leadership group as well if McGrath goes.
    Member of CW Black
    Goalkeeper for the Northside Power
    NZI Manager in WCC

Banned
    I think Cameron White has quite a lot of potential for ODI's that's why I Chucked him in there as he is definetly ODI leadership Material in 5 years if he has played enough ODI Cricket.

Hussey and either Lee or Clark.

Banned
    Clark does not really stand out as a natural leader to me more a follow me kind of leader is this the leadership Australia needs I also think Punter is similar?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    Definately Hussey and I think Michael Clarke and Brad Haddin will play an important role as leaders in the future, Brett Lee aswell.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Shane Watson has been vice captain of Australia A and Tasmania. But Hussey will be vice captain and Clarke debuty vice or whatever. Then whoever steps up between Watson, White and Mosies as the main all rounder will likely be vice captain to Clarke in the future.

Brett Lee will play a similar role to McGarth interms of the bowling attack leadership.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Cameron White should already be in your ODI team. I can't believe you can't find space for a guy who hit 141* in a Twenty20 match.

Clarke should be the next Australian Captain imho, and for that reason, i'd make him Vice when Gilly calls it quits.

Whilst harsh to judge him after only 1 game, Hussey's captaincy in Malaysia against the WI was pretty darn ordinary. Whether it was nerves, inexperience etc. it sure didn't look good.

I'd have Haddin as Clarke's deputy, he's done well for NSW when captaining afaic, and that experience should hold him in good stead. I'd definetly have Hussey, Clark & Lee as part of the "Leadership Group" though, as their experience would be vital for the newbies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Lee is 30 already. Clearly he's a really fit bloke, but bowling like he does, he can't be expected to hang around for ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

I'm all for Clarke, time Brett will really have to step and show his knowledge with the team Cameron should definateley be in the team at least
    Everyone Loves Winners

Thread Information