• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Twenty20 or Cricket Max?

Which form is better to you?

• Cricket Max

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Twenty20

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • breed of Max and 20/20

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
I've been enjoying watching the fielders guarding the Max zones. There was some excellent work done there (and some appalling).
The straight hit in front of the Max zone is a great position.

From the games I've seen, Llorne Howell and Matthew Walker appear to have been gods of the format.
What about Richard Petrie! They mentioned the game before one of those finals he'd racked up an 80 and a 100 in the one game! He was on about 800 in the player of the tournament points, next best was 500 odd.

A stat came up that one Auckland batsman had scored 20* earlier in the tournament at a strike rate of 1000, as well. :lol:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Retired young into a life of agribusiness, Walker.

Cricket Max did quite well just to find Bulfin and make him a bit of a craze tbh. I mean which late '90s non-international guy would Crowe have hoped his made-for-TV game would get the kids buzzing about at school? Brent Hefford? Gary Stead? :P

Jord

U19 Vice-Captain
Maybe it was my age, but I remember Cricket Max being far more watched, with higher attendances and ratings on Sky and at the ground than T20 has been in the country.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Met my wife at a Cricket Max game so will be forever grateful to the format.

Hopefully there's some follow through to get a Cricket Max tribute game at Eden Park with all proceeds going towards cancer research.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Maybe it was my age, but I remember Cricket Max being far more watched, with higher attendances and ratings on Sky and at the ground than T20 has been in the country.
The first few years of the domestic 20-20 were (comparatively) big ... I remember being at the Basin a few times where there must've been a good 3-4-5000 there (ok, maybe 5000 is pushing it). It seemed to drop off gradually over a couple of summers with some bad weather, and played at a poorer time of year with no Blackcaps. Then it completely died when the Georgie Pie Super Smash came in and it gave up on people attending by giving Sky everything it wanted.