• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tremendous show of commitment from a 18 year old

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Time to dig up my post reg. him being India's Ponting, tbh.. The same discipline issues as a youth, obvious promise, #3 in ODIs, possible #6 in tests and a promotion in the future, captaincy, swagger, annoying sorta face.. He has got it all.. :p
Agree with everything, including 'annoying sorta face' because of which I am still not able to fully admire Kohli. :unsure:

Blaze 18

Banned
Time to dig up my post reg. him being India's Ponting, tbh.. The same discipline issues as a youth, obvious promise, #3 in ODIs, possible #6 in tests and a promotion in the future, captaincy, swagger, annoying sorta face.. He has got it all.. :p
Let us hope he has a career as good as Ricky Ponting's.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Stupid comment tbh.

Steve Waugh in his last test scored 80 and fell 20 runs short, but Sachin still came and said congrats to him on a really good innings and that he was unlucky to fall shorts. Emotions and playing are different lets not forget. You should never give up from your side on playing your best and getting opposition out. I my self wanted the guy to get a century after going through all this, but that doesn't mean I should just let him score it and make him feel like it was an undeserved 100.
errr..yes you can :ph34r:

But hats off of the mate! His father passing away and him still showing that kind of commitment to his game sure would have made his father proud in the havens.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Story has come full circle, I guess.. The guy mentioned and dedicated him being part of the WC winning team to his father and his memory.. WAG :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I was planning on writing about this in the thread for the Indian Domestic Season, but this does deserve a separate thread tbh. Virat Kohli is a young cricketer with immense potential and this was a very impressive act of commitment from him. To step on the field hours after the death of your father shows commitment; scoring a fighting knock simply makes it all the more special. This kid may or may not have a big future in cricket, but he is definitely a special cricketer and human being.

Kohli made big runs in the Under-19 tour to Pakistan recently and is one of several talented top-order batsmen who have broken into domestic cricket while at the U-19 level.
Others include Cheteshwar Pujara, Rohit Sharma, Ravikant Shukla, Suresh Raina and Shikhar Dhawan.
5 out of 6 played and achieved successful International careers. Well done, @adharcric