• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tremendous show of commitment from a 18 year old

Xuhaib

International Coach
outstanding batsman very pleasing on the eye should be ahead of Yuvraj for a test place.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I don't think Kohli is an exceptionally talented batsman who will reach the levels of a Tendulkar or a Dravid. However, he has a lot of grit and determination.

Shri

Mr. Glass
I don't think Kohli is an exceptionally talented batsman who will reach the levels of a Tendulkar or a Dravid. However, he has a lot of grit and determination.
Dravid wasn't exceptional at the start either. He was a technically correct batsman who could grit it out in all conditions. The qualities that you mentioned helped him reach this level.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Dravid was tremendously hard working and gritty but he also had loads of talent. I think the talent department of Kohli is a bit lacking when compared to some one like Dravid.

Let me put it simply, he might become a good international batsman but I doubt that he will become a great one from what I have seen of him.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Dravid was tremendously hard working and gritty but he also had loads of talent. I think the talent department of Kohli is a bit lacking when compared to some one like Dravid.

Let me put it simply, he might become a good international batsman but I doubt that he will become a great one from what I have seen of him.
Yeah. Got Kaif written all over him.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I must add that

a) It takes tremendous amount of talent apart from hard work to do what Kohli has done at such a young age.

b) My position might seem a bit harsh.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Yeah. Got Kaif written all over him.
Not a bit Kaif was actually quite a mediocer bat. Kohli has some class about his stroke play, the footwork is very assured and tends to handle the short ones exceptionally well, feel he will do better then Rohit or Raina.

AaronK

State Regular
I would say if the game was an international game
Where his country's honar was at stake..I would probably say it was a good effort..what is there to compete when u r playing an state game..both states r part of ur country.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
adharcric should come back
Were you even here when he posted?

You're right though - he was awesome. Deleted more good posts than you'd ever imagine too. I could tell for a while he was going to leave us though - he became more and more annoyed with the little forum trends and annoyances around the place and just gradually posted less and less. Left in true adharcric style though - classy and without a fuss, he just stopped posting.

Last edited:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Were you even here when he posted?

You're right though - he was awesome. Deleted more good posts than you'd ever imagine too. I could tell for a while he was going to leave us though - he became more and more annoyed with the little forum trends and annoyances around the place and just gradually posted less and less. Left in true adharcric style though - classy and without a fuss, he just stopped posted.
I think there was a small overlap but it was when i was quite inactive. Read a fair amount of his stuff in threads that get dug though, plus he has Badrinath as his avatar. :p

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Haha yeah you were even there before me, well played sir.
Time to dig up my post reg. him being India's Ponting, tbh.. The same discipline issues as a youth, obvious promise, #3 in ODIs, possible #6 in tests and a promotion in the future, captaincy, swagger, annoying sorta face.. He has got it all.. :p