• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What's your opinion about Sanjay Bangar?

BANGered

Cricket Spectator
The man who started as a bowling allrounder and now has cemented his place as a solid opener at test level

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
In my opinion he's a batsman who bowls, and I seriously hope that India aren't considering him as a genuine all-rounder.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Cricinfo seem to think he is a genuine All Rounder...for a guy who averages 60 odd with the ball...sounds like a slow batting Flintoff...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
He is not an all-rounder in the true sense of the word. He is a severely limited batsman, who by virtue of playing within his limitations has met with some success at test level. As a military medium bowler, he can at best be accurate and restrictive. I like him as he is a hard working and unassuming cricketer, but he is in the team only because of a serious lack of quality pacers in India.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
He has a good defensive technique...but that's not useful for ODIs so I don't know why he keeps getting re-called...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Originally posted by Rik
He has a good defensive technique...but that's not useful for ODIs so I don't know why he keeps getting re-called...
He's played 4 games - of which 3 were consecutive - hardly "keeps getting recalled"

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Originally posted by marc71178
Originally posted by Rik
He's played 4 games - of which 3 were consecutive - hardly "keeps getting recalled"
But he hasn't really impressed when he has played and I can't see why he's got recalled again...

BANGered

Cricket Spectator
I like Bangar coz i think he is very hard working and has good defensive technique and he can become a very good test opener.As far as onedayers are conserned, Bangar isn't going to open the innings, and he will be pretty much useless batting down the order at no 7 or 8 , so i don't think he has a realistic chance of making it to the WC.

Though the wkts in SA will suit his style of bowling!

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Hes not that great at all , if india are looking for a better all rounder give robin singh a chance again , and im sure india dont use him for his "pace" as he hardly gets that many overs ...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Frankly, I can't see Bangar existing outside of India. He will be successful at home but I doubt he will abroad; especially not in South Africa.

Regarding the recall of Robin Singh, he's 39 years old!!!! If you're smart your not going to give him another chance. Look to the future. Bring on the youngsters.

Mr Mxyzptlk

I correct myself. He's coped in Test matches on Indian pitches but is seemingly hopeless in ODI's.

4 Innings: 1,0,0,36(67 balls)
Average: 9.25

All played in India
To further prove my point-

Away record:
Innings: 5
Runs: 114
50's: 1
100's: 0
HS: 68
Avge: 22.8

His avge at home is 47.8 with 2 50's and a ton. Overall he's a useful player but really nothing special. I doubt he will excel.

Mr Mxyzptlk

He should be pretty mature by now houldn't he? He's about 30 yrs old, not much time left if he wants an internation career to speak about!

Choora

State Regular
WI team got Bangared in the last onedayer:lol:

What an innings it was, pure fun, superb cricket from the underrated cricketer.I think Bangar just earned a place in the Indian squad for the World cup !!

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Nope he hardly did anything great... i still think the selectors will consider him for the Wlcup , i think they should experiment with another all rounder now or in the nz tour..

Mr Mxyzptlk

India should look for an ALLROUNDER. I'd hardly consider Bangar in this catergory. He bowls about as well as Agarkar would at Perth!