• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Players Playing For Country They Are Born In?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Is the whole Yorkshire = France thing a common gag throughout England, or just Lancashire... or just CW?

It does make me laugh everytime I see it though. Want to be able to use it when I head over.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Dravid said:
India and Paksitan would be the same. We don't get immigrants, instead we fill up other countries.
Out of interest, how many Indian or Pakistani born test players are currently playing for other countries?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:
Is the whole Yorkshire = France thing a common gag throughout England, or just Lancashire... or just CW?

It does make me laugh everytime I see it though. Want to be able to use it when I head over.
Just CW

...for now.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
silentstriker said:
None, I think. Several of Indian/Pakistani descent though.
Which isn't the question really.

If you look back far enough, most Australians are of English descent...

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
marc71178 said:
Which isn't the question really.

If you look back far enough, most Australians are of English descent...
I realize that, and I already answered the question in the negative.

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
steds said:
Just CW

...for now.
Well i have spread the love (or the hate rather) to most of "10K" and all of my football team...and my best mate's from Doncaster. Very Very good times.

Matt52

U19 Vice-Captain
For New Zealand, Scott Styris and Matthew Sinclair were both born in Australia. They wouldnt make the Aussie team ofcourse but it would lower NZ from 8th equal to a clear 9th place.

Stumped

Banned
it is sad to see players "betraying" their home country but in way it is ok...if ur born in a non cricketing country and have the talent?...but we cat really make rules about this

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
it is sad to see players "betraying" their home country but in way it is ok...if ur born in a non cricketing country and have the talent?...but we cat really make rules about this
It's sad that people think it is "betraying their home country" by playing elsewhere.

People can play where and for who the **** they want.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'll swear if I ****ing feel like it.

Yes, people of our nationality do tend to be a bit more receptive to the reality that people should not be barred from something purely due to where they happened to be born.