• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Streak - Can Australia Do It Again?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
howardj said:
The Sydney weather may bring the streak to an end next week.
These days it really takes a fair amount of rain or a really flat pitch (or both) to force a draw in Australia. We have good light here until late in the day and batsmen score so fast in the modern era that I don't think scattered showers for 3 or 4 days will force a draw. Overcast conditions and a bit of rain make things tougher for batting anyway, so with early starts you'd imagine 4 days or so should be enough.

Of course, if there's extended rain periods it might kill things off. It'd be a shame if weather broke the streak. Test starts on Tuesday, so it looks like things should clear up from day 3 on.

howardj

International Coach
Yeah - good point.

Anyway, I'd be more gutted about Warney's farewell getting washed away than the streak ending, tbh.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
howardj said:
Yeah - good point.

Anyway, I'd be more gutted about Warney's farewell getting washed away than the streak ending, tbh.
Yeah of course. Not to mention the chance for a whitewash or for England to steal a test. Not a test I'd like to see washed out.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
marc71178 said:
Did they not win the last series out there? 8-)
But they did lose a match, and might have lost another on the 5th day had the weather intervened. Either way, it wasn't a whitewash, which would be all thats required to stop the streak.

Not saying we could beat the Aussies in India (though we might be able to), but I'd put money down on at least one draw to spoil the streak...as thats whats required.

But the discussion is moot since the matches vs India are in Australia.