Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Streak - Can Australia Do It Again?

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker
    They play India in Australia? If so, then yes you can. But you also have to get lucky with the weather.
    Theres a series in India, then a couple of months later there is a series in Australia if I remember correctly

Highly likely they can do it.

Why are Australia only playing India 3 times? I thought they made a deal to always have a 4 test match series?
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Highly likely they can do it.

Why are Australia only playing India 3 times? I thought they made a deal to always have a 4 test match series?
    Has the three test schedule been finalized? Odd that we played four in WI but would play only three in a bigger market.

Also, playing three tests and seven ODI against England is full of crap. Four tests and three ODI, or five tests and three ODI would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Yeah the crapness of that was seen in India when England toured. That series would have been awesome had it been a 4 test one. Would have been a tense 4th test.

Anyway I'm pretty sure India will play Australia down here in a 4 test match series. I'm almost positive they made an agreement along those lines. I mean the last two series have been 4 test matches.

I hope so. One thing that I would really like the ICC to do is to increase the FTP from six years to eight, but increase the minimum from two tests to four. So every country must play every other country home and way once every eight years but they must play four tests each time.

That might actually be a slight lessening of the total amount of cricket played, while increasing the time for each series...a win/win IMO.

And no more crap two test series like NZ/SL.

Yeah the crapness of that was seen in India when England toured. That series would have been awesome had it been a 4 test one. Would have been a tense 4th test.

Anyway I'm pretty sure India will play Australia down here in a 4 test match series. I'm almost positive they made an agreement along those lines. I mean the last two series have been 4 test matches.
    Yeah it is a 4 Test series. I only put three in there as that would take us past the record (assuming the Zim tour gets canned).

I hope so. One thing that I would really like the ICC to do is to increase the FTP from six years to eight, but increase the minimum from two tests to four. So every country must play every other country home and way once every eight years but they must play four tests each time.

That might actually be a slight lessening of the total amount of cricket played, while increasing the time for each series...a win/win IMO.

And no more crap two test series like NZ/SL.
    Also, maybe make mandatory that each side must play at least two full three or four day games, maybe even three games to warm up. In places like India, NZ...warmup games are crucial as the conditions aren't really the same as anywhere else. I mean, everyone would like to see high quality cricket, right? And the first match shouldn't be a home side blowout simply because the greedy boards didn't schedule enough warmups for them.

Or always play the ODI's first so maybe that can serve as a little bit of the warmup (but should not replace the other FC warmup games ).

Quote Originally Posted by howardj
    Yeah it is a 4 Test series. I only put three in there as that would take us past the record (assuming the Zim tour gets canned).
    Best news I've heard all day

Plan on touring Aus and seeing all matches that year. Only went to the Boxing Day test back in 2003, but even then that was great.

Also, maybe make mandatory that each side must play at least two full three or four day games, maybe even three games to warm up. In places like India, NZ...warmup games are crucial as the conditions aren't really the same as anywhere else. I mean, everyone would like to see high quality cricket, right? And the first match shouldn't be a home side blowout simply because the greedy boards didn't schedule enough warmups for them.

Or always play the ODI's first so maybe that can serve as a little bit of the warmup (but should not replace the other FC warmup games ).
    IMO the ODI series should always be played first. That's why I like the SA home series, as they had the ODI series vs. Aus and vs. Ind (and NZ I'm sure too) first.

I guess in Aus its different though as they have the tri-series after the tests, as they need to fill the Boxing Day and 2nd Jan days as 1st day of test matches as per usual.

Banned
    Australia definetly have a chance i hope they can do it

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Sri Lanka got a Test Series in Australia next year, a month holiday for me

If Warne retires i think India or Sri Lanka will win or draw a Test Match and Australia wont get the streak. I can't see any of the possible replacements (excluding MacGill, as doubt he will be selected) winning a match of Australia on the last day, I can see them losing a game though.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00

If Warne retires i think India or Sri Lanka will win or draw a Test Match and Australia wont get the streak. I can't see any of the possible replacements (excluding MacGill, as doubt he will be selected) winning a match of Australia on the last day, I can see them losing a game though.
    I don't know about spin outside of MacGill, but a couple of their fast bowlers coming up look mighty good.

Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00

Don't see what Warne has to do with whether Australia can beat India or not. Its almost always about what fast bowling attack Australia put out.

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Don't see what Warne has to do with whether Australia can beat India or not. Its almost always about what fast bowling attack Australia put out.
    On the last day of a match and the pitch is turning they u would need a quailty spinner to win them a match. But if the quicks do the job on the first couple days, then it wont matter. But if its close and comes down to the last day the ability or inablity of the spinner could make the difference.

Cricketer Of The Year SirBloody Idiot's Avatar
    To answer the original question, I don't think they will do it. Even if weather doesn't interrupt, I just get the feeling one of the next two tests will be a loss, or at the very least, a draw. I also do not see us clean sweeping India, particularly in the first couple of tests.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information