Thread: Martin Snedden to quit NZC

Tim

Martin Snedden to quit NZC

Snedden has been offered and has accepeted the position of Rugby New Zealand 2011 CEO for the World Cup.

I'd like to thank Martin Snedden because I think NZC has progressed under his guidance and from the outside he's never really seemed to try and spark any trouble with media or players.

His role will begin in May 2007.

International Regular 16 tins of Spam's Avatar
    I never had a problem with Sneds, but seeing as he's leaving, can he swing the All Black coaching job for Bracewell?
    Member of the Newtown Cricket Club since January '06 - "Per commissum ad taberna"
    Honorary Vice-President of the "Twenty20 Is Boring Society"

Cricket Web Staff Member archie mac's Avatar
    I met him once, great bloke, good luck to him
    You know it makes sense.

Did a really good job for NZC, did Snedden.

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    He did a good job but a bit too ODI bias. I predicted that he would probably retire after the World Cup, too.

Good luck to him!
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, N Broom, Craig Cachopa, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, I Sodhi, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Tim
    It's no wonder they allocated more ODI games, just look at how many people turn up to test matches here!

Very true. Although I don't agree with a lot of things he says, I think Ian Smith had a great idea during that last match when he said there should be two permanent Test fixtures every season, a Boxing Day Test at the Basin and a New Year's Day Test at Queenstown. I think those could become hugely popular.

The future of Test cricket in this country is at the smaller grounds - especially when Eden Park is redeveloped and will have dimensions too small for Test cricket by the ICC regulations.

Tim
    I was reading an interview with Anthony Stuart who is coaching the Firebirds. He said one of the biggest differences is the gap between Club and FC cricket in this country. Sounds a bit like what Australia are experiencing with their rugby huh?

He also said that Aussie state sides play almost all their matches on test match grounds whereas here we play alot of our games on grounds that are never used for test cricket.

I think the next CEO has got to look at these two issues.

Cricketer Of The Year SirBloody Idiot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_
    Very true. Although I don't agree with a lot of things he says, I think Ian Smith had a great idea during that last match when he said there should be two permanent Test fixtures every season, a Boxing Day Test at the Basin and a New Year's Day Test at Queenstown. I think those could become hugely popular.

The future of Test cricket in this country is at the smaller grounds - especially when Eden Park is redeveloped and will have dimensions too small for Test cricket by the ICC regulations.
    A one day break is too short between tests IMO.

Cricket Web Staff Member archie mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    It's no wonder they allocated more ODI games, just look at how many people turn up to test matches here!

I watched highlights of the teams NZ field in the basketball and the soccer, hardly any people at those either

Banned
    I was reading an interview with Anthony Stuart who is coaching the Firebirds. He said one of the biggest differences is the gap between Club and FC cricket in this country. Sounds a bit like what Australia are experiencing with their rugby huh?

He also said that Aussie state sides play almost all their matches on test match grounds whereas here we play alot of our games on grounds that are never used for test cricket.

I think the next CEO has got to look at these two issues.
    Yeah NZ need to look at their structure definetly. Good to see Stuart coaching in NZ another Australian coach gaining experience so in the future he can come back to Australia.

Good luck to Snedden he should do a good job.

Snedden has been offered and has accepeted the position of Rugby New Zealand 2011 CEO for the World Cup.

I'd like to thank Martin Snedden because I think NZC has progressed under his guidance and from the outside he's never really seemed to try and spark any trouble with media or players.

His role will begin in May 2007.
    If he doesn't take the Rugby World Cup job or quits it in the near future, I would like a great level headed and smart person like him to replace Malcolm Speed, when Speed finally gets out of the ICC.

He will be a great ICC CEO, IMHO.

Thread Information