• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Martin Snedden to quit NZC

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Snedden has been offered and has accepeted the position of Rugby New Zealand 2011 CEO for the World Cup.

I'd like to thank Martin Snedden because I think NZC has progressed under his guidance and from the outside he's never really seemed to try and spark any trouble with media or players.

His role will begin in May 2007.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
I never had a problem with Sneds, but seeing as he's leaving, can he swing the All Black coaching job for Bracewell?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
He did a good job but a bit too ODI bias. I predicted that he would probably retire after the World Cup, too.

Good luck to him!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
It's no wonder they allocated more ODI games, just look at how many people turn up to test matches here!

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Very true. Although I don't agree with a lot of things he says, I think Ian Smith had a great idea during that last match when he said there should be two permanent Test fixtures every season, a Boxing Day Test at the Basin and a New Year's Day Test at Queenstown. I think those could become hugely popular.

The future of Test cricket in this country is at the smaller grounds - especially when Eden Park is redeveloped and will have dimensions too small for Test cricket by the ICC regulations.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I was reading an interview with Anthony Stuart who is coaching the Firebirds. He said one of the biggest differences is the gap between Club and FC cricket in this country. Sounds a bit like what Australia are experiencing with their rugby huh?

He also said that Aussie state sides play almost all their matches on test match grounds whereas here we play alot of our games on grounds that are never used for test cricket.

I think the next CEO has got to look at these two issues.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
_Ed_ said:
Very true. Although I don't agree with a lot of things he says, I think Ian Smith had a great idea during that last match when he said there should be two permanent Test fixtures every season, a Boxing Day Test at the Basin and a New Year's Day Test at Queenstown. I think those could become hugely popular.

The future of Test cricket in this country is at the smaller grounds - especially when Eden Park is redeveloped and will have dimensions too small for Test cricket by the ICC regulations.
A one day break is too short between tests IMO.

archie mac

International Coach
Tim said:
It's no wonder they allocated more ODI games, just look at how many people turn up to test matches here!

I watched highlights of the teams NZ field in the basketball and the soccer, hardly any people at those either:huh:

Tim said:
I was reading an interview with Anthony Stuart who is coaching the Firebirds. He said one of the biggest differences is the gap between Club and FC cricket in this country. Sounds a bit like what Australia are experiencing with their rugby huh?

He also said that Aussie state sides play almost all their matches on test match grounds whereas here we play alot of our games on grounds that are never used for test cricket.

I think the next CEO has got to look at these two issues.
Yeah NZ need to look at their structure definetly. Good to see Stuart coaching in NZ another Australian coach gaining experience so in the future he can come back to Australia.

Good luck to Snedden he should do a good job.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Tim said:
Snedden has been offered and has accepeted the position of Rugby New Zealand 2011 CEO for the World Cup.

I'd like to thank Martin Snedden because I think NZC has progressed under his guidance and from the outside he's never really seemed to try and spark any trouble with media or players.

His role will begin in May 2007.
If he doesn't take the Rugby World Cup job or quits it in the near future, I would like a great level headed and smart person like him to replace Malcolm Speed, when Speed finally gets out of the ICC.

He will be a great ICC CEO, IMHO.