• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mike Hussey vs Pakistani Bowlers!!

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
ha, thats proves absolutely nothing.

But seriously though 2008 could be a big year for Australia in that they have big tours to Pakistan & the Windies, where they could be without the likes of Gilly, Langer, Hayden, McGrath & Warne.

gunner

U19 Cricketer
i see the end of 2007 as the end of an era for this dominant australian team

maybe the members of dads army will follow steve waugh and exit in the series vs india end of 2007

adharcric

International Coach
gunner said:
I'd suggest you focus on getting your druggies back into action and doing well in South Africa first. Pakistan and every other nation is still **** compared to Australia.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Hussey could score a string of ducks throughout the series and Aussies would still win every match. They have too many performers in too many places.

gunner

U19 Cricketer
adharcric said:
I'd suggest you focus on getting your druggies back into action and doing well in South Africa first. Pakistan and every other nation is still **** compared to Australia.
look whos talking,

indians cant say ****

Fusion

Global Moderator
adharcric said:

Adharcic,
I realize the Shoaib/Asif decision was shockingly bad, and Pakistan cricket will be tainted as a result, but is it really necessary to resort to the "druggie" insult at every turn? So you have one misguided fan shooting off his mouth about the Ausies and you respond with the above retort. Coming from you, whom I respect, this is in poor taste. Now I'm sure I'm about to get a boatload of responses from people saying "what do you expect with those two in your team?". The thing is, every respectable Pakistani poster on this site condemned the over-turning of the bans. However, to bring this up in seemingly every discussion about Pakistan cricket is a tad unfair. I'm probably asking for too much, but I wish that it would stop.

Edit: Reading through my post, I may have put out the impression that I'm singling you out. That's definitely not my intention. I'm talking about this in a general sense. It seems like whenever Pakistani cricket is mentioned now days at CW, the "d" word is not far behind. To be expected some would say I'm sure, but still unfair.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I do not think its right to blame or criticize the fans of a country because of the actions of its board, something they have no say in. Many Pakistani fans did criticize the reinstatement, and even if they did not, they were not the ones who overturned the bans. "Take care of your own druggies" would be appropriate only if you were talking to the panel that overturned the bans, or someone from the PCB who has a say in selection.

And just to compare: At least Pakistan has drug tests, India does not have any regular system of drug testing its players.

adharcric

International Coach
Fusion said:
Adharcic,
I realize the Shoaib/Asif decision was shockingly bad, and Pakistan cricket will be tainted as a result, but is it really necessary to resort to the "druggie" insult at every turn? So you have one misguided fan shooting off his mouth about the Ausies and you respond with the above retort. Coming from you, whom I respect, this is in poor taste. Now I'm sure I'm about to get a boatload of responses from people saying "what do you expect with those two in your team?". The thing is, every respectable Pakistani poster on this site condemned the over-turning of the bans. However, to bring this up in seemingly every discussion about Pakistan cricket is a tad unfair. I'm probably asking for too much, but I wish that it would stop.

Edit: Reading through my post, I may have put out the impression that I'm singling you out. That's definitely not my intention. I'm talking about this in a general sense. It seems like whenever Pakistani cricket is mentioned now days at CW, the "d" word is not far behind. To be expected some would say I'm sure, but still unfair.
First of all, my apologies. Unlike most CW posters, I don't usually resort to that insult. This is actually the first time I've associated Pakistan with the whole Asif/Akhtar incident that just happened. I was just having a little fun and particularly responding to "gunner", who was getting a little too excited over nothing and deserved some in return. I have nothing against Pakistani cricket and I hope they do well in the near and far future. :)

One more time, this is the first time I've mentioned the "d"-word with Pakistan and it was not even directed at Pakistani cricket or any Pakistani fans apart from the misinformed one who began to post rubbish here. Like you, I also find it annoying when certain posters keep bringing up the same thing just to be an ass - it becomes very irritating and annoying.

My bad here.

Last edited:

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Nicely compiled...you might just want to leave out the games where he scores 100 next time

Rajeev

U19 12th Man
I hope hussey knows this and he will try to improve

He hasn't been tested on indian spinning tracks as well

Lets hope he doesn't score too much against us