• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

most boring batsman in history to watch

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Anything in particular you don't like about him Prince EWS?
I'm really not sure exactly what it is to be perfectly honest. Just someone I've always found boring to watch. I usually find players who score runs with shoddy techniques boring but that isn't really the case with Yousuf - his technique isn't perfect but he's fairly orthodox and has a solid defence which I typically appreciate. It's not like I don't rate him either - in fact I've always rated him a bit higher than others on this board, but he bores me to tears.

Next time I see Pakistan play I'll try to figure out exactly what it is about his batting that I don't like. Perhaps it is a liking for "drop and run" tactics - that always seems to bother me.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I'm really not sure exactly what it is to be perfectly honest. Just someone I've always found boring to watch. I usually find players who score runs with shoddy techniques boring but that isn't really the case with Yousuf - his technique isn't perfect but he's fairly orthodox and has a solid defence which I typically appreciate. It's not like I don't rate him either - in fact I've always rated him a bit higher than others on this board, but he bores me to tears.

Next time I see Pakistan play I'll try to figure out exactly what it is about his batting that I don't like. Perhaps it is a liking for "drop and run" tactics - that always seems to bother me.
I take it you don't like Rahul Dravid then?

Nishant

International 12th Man
Well that certainly put me in my place.:sleep: Good thing I went to bed when I did or I would have been reeling all night from that put down.:sleep: Over 25,000 posts had been leading to that moment.:sleep:

Anyway where was I? Oh yes.

It's a myth that Geoff Boycott was always boring to watch. It's true he was once dropped after making 246* in eleven hours against India in the late 60's. If any of the current crop were capable of batting for that long they would be given a ten year contract and access to the Chairman's wife.
:laugh:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm very tempted to add Graeme Smith onto this list, admittedly he is just working himself back into form at the moment but he batting is very unattractive, featuring very few shots through the off side. It's a good thing I like him, otherwise I probably wouldn't bother watching him.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I take it you don't like Rahul Dravid then?
I don't mind Dravid because when he does employ those tactics, he typically does it with a copybook defence and drops it right at his feet. The players that typically annoy me with it are the ones who like to turn the face of the bat, hugely increasing their chances of an edge, to squeeze the ball towards point and then scamper. I've always thought that this shot is pretty useless because it just is as risky with slips in place as a a forceful shot through cover, and the best you can hope for is only 1 anyway.