• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

the 10 best allrounders in the world, definitive list

In order.

1. Afridi
2. Symonds
3. Vettori
4. Jayasuria
5. Razzaq
6. Pathan
7. Gayle
8. Shoaib Malik
9. Pollock
10. Kallis

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
gilCHRIST2 said:
In order.

1. Afridi
2. Symonds
3. Vettori
4. Jayasuria
5. Razzaq
6. Pathan
7. Gayle
8. Shoaib Malik
9. Pollock
10. Kallis
"In order"

Note the phrase...wonder which award to nominate this for. Skull? Agarkar/Mohammed? Afridi?

Extended to 15 upon realising many worthy names narrowly missed the original cut and deserve a mention.

11. Warne
12. Lee
13. Gilchrist
14. Dhoni
15. Tendulkar

haroon510

International 12th Man
Arjun said:
"In order"

Note the phrase...wonder which award to nominate this for. Skull? Agarkar/Mohammed? Afridi?

what does agarkar has done to be called allrrounder? his 8 0s against Aus lol well that makes me him............ a good alrounder to u :laugh:
afridi is fairly decent alrounder in one days and test if he is played in his position which is number 7. they keep changing his bating order and i think that is the reason has faild recently.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
haroon510 said:
what does agarkar has done to be called allrrounder? his 8 0s against Aus lol well that makes me him............ a good alrounder to u :laugh:
afridi is fairly decent alrounder in one days and test if he is played in his position which is number 7. they keep changing his bating order and i think that is the reason has faild recently.
No, he's saying what awards the original poster is aiming to get, some of them are called the Afridi and Agarkar awards.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
haroon510 said:
Also, Agarkar is clearly an all rounder. If you're one of those freaks thats obsessed with stats, then it may not show up, but if you pay attention to the games and judge based on what you see, he is clearly the premier all rounder going around right now.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
haroon510 said:
Instant Skull nomination!

gunner

U19 Cricketer
statistics wise razzaq or afridi will end up being the best in 5 years time

razzaq for sure but afridi only if he sticks around

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Strange how my threads get continually locked when some are genuine cricket threads yet unadulterated drivel like this is allowed to continue.8-)

adharcric

International Coach
Lillian Thomson said:
Strange how my threads get continually locked when some are genuine cricket threads yet unadulterated drivel like this is allowed to continue.8-)
Dude, what the hell? Top quality stuff in this thread. gilCHRIST2 is a lock on the Afridi for this week, brilliant stuff already.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is the definitive list, we couldn't dare argue with what gilCHRIST2 has put together.

Francis

State Vice-Captain
I haven't seen a lot of South African cricket this year. But I will say that for some inexplicable reason, I find Pollock to be South Africa's most important cricketer and therefore all-rounder. Maybe not so much in tests, but definitely in ODI's. But while Pollock's stats don't reveal much about greatness, he really is an important player. He's almost like Kumble in that he may not always be the best player, but perhaps the most important.

In contrast to this is Jaques Kallis, who's an enigma to me. Kallis' stats look great, not so much in ODI's, but in tests definitely. But while I haven't seen South Africa much recently, in the past few years when I've seen Kallis, he's rarely showed to me he's as good as his stats indicate. Although I will say his batting in the 2004/05 series against England gave me as much joy as I can experience watching batting.

But yeah, I have no exact rankings. At the start of the year it would be Flintoff by a mile, but he seems to have dropped off a little. The love for Afridi confuses me. Sure he's great when he gets going, but more often than not he'll sky a bouncer in the air to be caught. Probably the most loved cricketer with an average in the 20s.