• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the CC posters.

Dravid

International Captain
Okay I have been meaning to do this for a while? This battle is for posters who post a lot in Cricket Chat, and for who is the most knowledgeable Cricket chat poster. Basically the votes will be on who you think knows more about Cricket? Thoughts on the idea?

Well since this thread is in CC, I will let who ever has over 300 posts to reply to this thread if they want to be a part of this battle. 60 spot available...sounds good enough?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sign me up Dravid, I don't expect to go very far but it's worth a shot.

adharcric

International Coach
You should make the minimum 1000 posts IMO. Count me in, I guess?

Actually, we had this kind of battle in OT already, though I'm not sure if that explicitly asked people to vote for the most knowledgable poster. Consider entering people with 1000+ votes on your own - might take a while to get 60 people to respond to this thread.

Last edited:

Dravid

International Captain
adharcric said:
You should make the minimum 1000 posts IMO. Count me in, I guess?

Actually, we had this kind of battle in OT already, though I'm not sure if that explicitly asked people to vote for the most knowledgable poster. Consider entering people with 1000+ votes on your own - might take a while to get 60 people to respond to this thread.
The battle of the members in OT was based on your favorite members, not how much they knew about Cricket. So this is different. And well I'll keep this open for a few days and see how many sign up. Will just go with what we have then.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If people don't sign up then I'm sure a list could be compiled quite easily.

Dravid

International Captain
Perm said:
If people don't sign up then I'm sure a list could be compiled quite easily.
Yes then I will probably short list the members. If anyone doesn't wantto be a part of the list they can let me know then.

adharcric

International Coach
Dravid said:
Yes then I will probably short list the members. If anyone doesn't wantto be a part of the list they can let me know then.
Yeah, just put them all in the list to start with. Really, it doesn't matter if they even show up in this thread or not.

adharcric

International Coach
silentstriker said:
Why sign up? Just get a list of members >1000 post, and go from there.
Agreed. Just put out the list of eligible members and start the battle sometime soon.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Not much point just using members over a certain amount of posts, as there are plenty who rarely post in CC (like me in the last year or so). There are a lot of people with fewer posts who contribute more actively to CC.

pasag

RTDAS
Really can't see this lasting too long tbh, with people calling each other biased, arrogant etc. Hey, if it works it's a testament to the people here but I won't hold my breath. Also this will probably turn into a popularity contest anyways.

That being said, if it works out and is done in the right spirit it should be fun.