• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Big Brother vs Middle Brother

Stumped

Banned
I think this is the best categorie to put this in. My older brother had the ingenius idea that he gets a few of his friends and we go down to the oval and verse a few of my friends. Its four days away. We are gonna have proper boundaries, have scorers, umpires. His friends are about 16,17 my friends are 14. I'll post how the match goes....I cant wait!

Last edited:

Matt79

Global Moderator
The worst fights I had during backyard cricket were with me (eldest) vs the middle one. One time he quit playing after he was out (really he was!) and tried to run home. I piffed the cricket bat at him and took out his legs from about 15 metres away! :)

Stumped

Banned
Just an update.....2 days to go till the big match. My friend and i went down to the oval and mowed a pitch. Its extremely bounce, definatly a bowlers wicket, i cant wait still syced up as ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stumped

Banned
lol...i new someone would ask for that!...our digital camera is full and my mum wont let me delete any fotos!..the games tomorrow.

Stumped

Banned
Just got back from the awsome game!

I'll give a match review.

I won the toss and chose to bat on a wicket that I thought was gonna be more of a bowlers wicket. Myself and a friend walked out opening. We put on a magnificent 98 runs before my partner fell will trying to play sweep and edging it on 48. A few more runs were put on before i fell to a bouncer that didnt bounce on 34. Our next wicket fell for 1 run. The next partnership was a good solid one before he fell trying to up the anty in the scoring department. We got about 10 more runs before i decided to declare on 6-159.

Yr 11 came into bat, now my memory isnt too good here. All I can tell you is we bowled them out for 52 on a pitch that was breaking up fast, so the toss proved valuable to win.

We pretty much reversed out batting order for this innings. We lost our opener on the third ball and before we new it we were 3-18, then four and then five then 6 then 7. We ended up with a total of 39.

The yr 11's had to chase 146. Loosing 2 quick wickets we could see the light at the end of the tunnel. A partnership was forming and i decided to give myself the ball and it proved a wise decision breaking the partnership on the second ball. Another even bigger partnership formed and it was looking as though they were on track for vicotry with one wicket remaining. Before our star player with the ball got a caught and bowled and then cleaned his stumps. We won by 36 runs.

Man of the match was Tyler with 9 wickets our of 14 players. A great captaincy on my behallf might i say:laugh:

Last edited:

33/3from3.3

International Vice-Captain
Nice One, a good read too. 5 match series! 5 match series! 5 match series! 5 match series! 5 match series! 5 match series! 5 match series! 5 match series! 5 match series! 5 match series!

Stumped

Banned
thinking about organising another game versing the little brother...probably wont happen and if it doesnt it wont be for a long time