• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in South Africa

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Schedule

6 Jan: South Africa A v Pakistanis - Kimberley
11 Jan: 1st Test - Centurion
19 Jan: 2nd Test - Port Elizabeth
26 Jan: 3rd Test - Cape Town
2 Feb: T20I - Johannesburg
4 Feb: 1st ODI - Centurion
7 Feb: 2nd ODI - Durban
9 Feb: 3rd ODI - Port Elizabeth
11 Feb: 4th ODI - Cape Town
14 Feb: 5th ODI - Johannesburg

Edited for easy reading :)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
So how does this look for a Pakistan test team to South Africa:

Imran Farhat
Mohammad Hafeez/Yasir Hameed
Younis Khan
Mohammad Yousuf
Inzamam-ul-Haq*
Shoaib Malik
Kamran Akmal
Naved-ul-Hasan
Shoaib Akhtar
Danish Kaneria
Mohammad Asif

Back-ups from: Asim Kamal, Umar Gul, Shabbir Ahmed, Rehman or a back-up keeper

Oh yes, the looks good, watch out South Africa..

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If Akhtar and Asif play, I dare say SA may not exactly put out the pitches they have so far vs. India.

Fair enough SA have a gun fast bowling attack, and Pakistan aren't known for playing bounce and movement well, but SA's batsman bar Kallis and to an extent Boucher are pretty bad as well.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
So how does this look for a Pakistan test team to South Africa:

Imran Farhat
Mohammad Hafeez/Yasir Hameed
Younis Khan
Mohammad Yousuf
Inzamam-ul-Haq*
Shoaib Malik
Kamran Akmal
Naved-ul-Hasan
Shoaib Akhtar
Danish Kaneria
Mohammad Asif

Back-ups from: Asim Kamal, Umar Gul, Shabbir Ahmed, Rehman or a back-up keeper

Oh yes, the looks good, watch out South Africa..
Drop Farhat, ok at home but I don't fancy his flirtagious attitude having much success. Also Gul ahead of Rana for me.

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Jono said:
If Akhtar and Asif play, I dare say SA may not exactly put out the pitches they have so far vs. India.

Fair enough SA have a gun fast bowling attack, and Pakistan aren't known for playing bounce and movement well, but SA's batsman bar Kallis and to an extent Boucher are pretty bad as well.
thats exactly what i was thinking, it would be stupid for s africa to give pakistan the pitches they gave india, pakistani pace attack is more likely to use th conditions againts s africa then india

but surely they cant have flat batting wickets??? and def not spinning wickets since kaneria> any safrican spin bowler

S africa will have to strike the right balance, i think thier best bet is seaming pitches, which only asif really utilizes to perfection, shoaib and rana rely more on swing and bounce

Beleg

International Regular
My ideal Pakistani XI for tests would be,

Yasir Hameed
Mohammad Hafeez
Inzi
Younus
Yousuf
Shoaib Malik
Kamran Akmal
Shoaib Akhtar
Umer Gul
Mohammad Asif
Danesh Kaneria (on probation)

Personally, I am really looking forward to the contest. The Pakistani middle-order ought to handle whatever pitches South Africa might come up with. (on paper, at least). This is also a chance of Inzi (and Yousuf) to improve his/their record(s) against SA in SA.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Can't wait for this series! I hope every Pakistani team member/official is watching the current Ind/SA series. They should be busy taking notes.

Any predictions?

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
IMO Pakistan, unlike India, will certainly put up a great fight in the ODIs...

ODIs: 3-2 for RSA

Tests: 1-0 for Pakistan

pasag

RTDAS
The ODI's will be great. Can't decide who will win tbh. Pakistan will easily take out the Test series though.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
mohammad16 said:
S africa will have to strike the right balance, i think thier best bet is seaming pitches, which only asif really utilizes to perfection, shoaib and rana rely more on swing and bounce
You could make a case for Gul as well as Asif to be able to use seaming wickets. Akhtar can do well enough on any pitch, really. Despite my dislike of the man, I believe he is a very good, thinking cricketer, and would probably be successful to a point even if he was a medium pacer.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
pasag said:
The ODI's will be great. Can't decide who will win tbh. Pakistan will easily take out the Test series though.
Pakistan have a good chance of taking the tests if Akhtar and Asif play, not sure about the easy part.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Beleg said:
My ideal Pakistani XI for tests would be,

Yasir Hameed
Mohammad Hafeez
Inzi
Younus
Yousuf
Shoaib Malik
Kamran Akmal
Shoaib Akhtar
Umer Gul
Mohammad Asif
Danesh Kaneria (on probation)

Personally, I am really looking forward to the contest. The Pakistani middle-order ought to handle whatever pitches South Africa might come up with. (on paper, at least). This is also a chance of Inzi (and Yousuf) to improve his/their record(s) against SA in SA.
Pretty much agreed on your lineup, except the middle order should be Younis, Yousuf and Inzi, in that order. Kaneria bowled real well against West Indies, IMO. Although in case he keeps performing the way he did against England, perhaps we should give Rehman a chance in tests?

haroon510

International 12th Man
i think they should make the pitches for fast bowlers for a compative cricket. asif, akhter, gul from pakistan and pollock, nitini, nel from SA. in this competition who ever of these bowlers pick more wickets could win the test match for his team.i think pakistan shoud pick gul in place of navid in test matches. they should keep gul of tests while play one day matches with navid.
i can't predict any thing since these two teams are unpredictable. no one knew that SA would perform this way the way they are performing in the first test against India. i thought it would be one way match with Sa wining everything.

gunner

U19 Cricketer
i would play this team

if pakistan use 8 batsman combination

hafeez
hameed
younis
yousuf
inzi
iqbal/malik
razzaq
akmal
shoaib
asif
danish

if pak use 7 batsman combination

hafeez
hameed
younis
yousuf
inzi
iqbal/malik
akmal
shoaib
danish
asif
shabbir/gul

i would prefer the 7 batsman combination cos then pakistan easily match Sa in bowling if not better them,

but on the other hand,
pakistan batting is quite weak and 8 batsmen could be the safe option

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
TT Boy said:
Drop Farhat, ok at home but I don't fancy his flirtagious attitude having much success.

Fair enough

TT Boy said:
Also Gul ahead of Rana for me.
Well the reason i put Naved over Gul, was to have like a variety amongst the seamers, where you Akhtar with sheer pace, Asif & Gul would be pretty similar (only difference being Gul's a bit sharper), while Naved would be the Hoggard of the attack (but with more pace)

gunner

U19 Cricketer
aussie said:
Fair enough

Well the reason i put Naved over Gul, was to have like a variety amongst the seamers, where you Akhtar with sheer pace, Asif & Gul would be pretty similar (only difference being Gul's a bit sharper), while Naved would be the Hoggard of the attack (but with more pace)
pakistan will most likely use rana in odi's and gul in tests