• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in South Africa

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
The sentence proves that you haven't really watched/followed Razzaq's career.
What,so you're telling me he's a top class allrounder:laugh: .Maybe 2-3years ago but not to.He's just way to unreliable.Oh yeah,and I'm not talking about Razzaq's career, I'm talking about what he's like now!!!!.

Beleg

International Regular
I am telling you nothing of that sort; please don't put words into my mouth. At the least, take a look at his batting statistics during the last couple of years, and remember, even statistics never tell the whole story. Razzaq is as good a hitter as anyone in the game at the moment, and unlike a lot of others he can stonewall when it is needed as well.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
Pup clarke just went through your team....theres no other seamer than Asif and Rana???? That to me is quite senseless. And having Rana as your second fast bowler who is probably the most unreliable player??

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
, he is the only batsman (alongside afridi) who can take our team score from 175 in 40 overs to 280 in 50. You cannot imagine leaving out a player like him and inzamam will not make that mistake.
That's the problem though.He doesn't do this enough to warrant him being a good all-rounder.He can when in good form be destructive but alot of the time he only gets between 15-20 runs which is not good enough.Him and Afridi are so inconsistent and Pakistan can't trust them for much longer as Afridi is a walking wicket to any bowling attack.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Pup clarke just went through your team....theres no other seamer than Asif and Rana???? That to me is quite senseless. And having Rana as your second fast bowler who is probably the most unreliable player??
What other seamers would do a reasonable job?.And seeing as the spinners bowled quite well bar Hafeez it seems actually quite logical.

Last edited:

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I am telling you nothing of that sort; please don't put words into my mouth. At the least, take a look at his batting statistics during the last couple of years, and remember, even statistics never tell the whole story. Razzaq is as good a hitter as anyone in the game at the moment, and unlike a lot of others he can stonewall when it is needed as well.
Yes he has a batting average of 30+ but the big scores are to infrequent and only 2 hundreds in 225 matches prove this.Problem is being a good "hitter" doesn't mean you're going to be the best batsmen.It's most likely going to come with inconsistency and this is a perfect example of Afridi.Only time razzaq's really turned it on IMO in the last year with the bat is the one day game against England where some of his hitting was good on that day.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
That's the problem though.He doesn't do this enough to warrant him being a good all-rounder.He can when in good form be destructive but alot of the time he only gets between 15-20 runs which is not good enough.
Seriously your just talking non-sense now. You havent got a clue what ur on about.....you really need to follow him more to talk about him.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
And having Rana as your second fast bowler who is probably the most unreliable player??
Harsh to say the least IMO.A very good one day bowler but today he got his length wrong as was murdered.95wickets@26.11 hardly proves he's "unreliable".He's probably been Pakistan's best one day bowler in the past year and today was an of day against some unbeliavable hitting by the SA batsmen.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
That's the problem though.He doesn't do this enough to warrant him being a good all-rounder.He can when in good form be destructive but alot of the time he only gets between 15-20 runs which is not good enough.
Seriously your just talking non-sense now. You havent got a clue what ur on about.....you really need to follow him more to talk about him.
So what is your opinion of Razzaq's batting?.Any justification as to why you think he is a good one day batsmen.Don't see how I'm talking "non-sense" TBO.Just stating what alot of other people think.That on his day he is a destructive batsmen but alot of the time he gets to many low scores and is to inconsistent.I've already folloewed and seen alot of the matches he plays in and this is my honest assesment of him.Decent All-Rounder but no more.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
Harsh to say the least IMO.A very good one day bowler but today he got his length wrong as was murdered.95wickets@26.11 hardly proves he's "unreliable".He's probably been Pakistan's best one day bowler in the past year and today was an of day against some unbeliavable hitting by the SA batsmen.
Well he is a average bowler and i think hes begining to be unreliable. You cant depend on him anymore like u can with asif, akhtar or Gul. And when thats the situation for one of your bowlers u have got to have a back-up.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think both sides of the argument here are exaggerating their side of the Razzaq issue. He's not as drastically inconsistent as Pup Clarke is making out, nor is he as brilliant as the likes of godofcricket are suggesting.

His batting is the main discussion point here, and while Pup Clarke seems to think he has tapered off lately, the opposite is true. Since the start of 2006, he averages 35.46 with the bat from 20 innings - which is quite good for a #6-8 batsman, big hitting or not, and is around 5 runs higher than his career average. He isn't the world-beating genuine allrounder that some of the fans have made out here either though - his bowling has become decidely pedestrian over the last few years, and while his batting has remained strong and he has actually become more consistent, he'd be hard-pushed to justify his selection on batting alone (although, given the fact that Faisal Iqbal and Imran Farhat have both recently played ODIs, I think he'd probably still make the side.)

But don't let the fact that he bats at 7 or 8 these days fool you into thinking his one day batting is on the decline - it's simply the best position for his destructive hitting.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I think both sides of the argument here are exaggerating their side of the Razzaq issue. He's not as drastically inconsistent as Pup Clarke is making out, nor is he as brilliant as the likes of godofcricket are suggesting.

His batting is the main discussion point here, and while Pup Clarke seems to think he has tapered off lately, the opposite is true. Since the start of 2006, he averages 35.46 with the bat from 20 innings - which is quite good for a #6-8 batsman, big hitting or not, and is around 5 runs higher than his career average. He isn't the world-beating genuine allrounder that some of the fans have made out here either though - his bowling has become decidely pedestrian over the last few years, and while his batting has remained strong and he has actually become more consistent, he'd be hard-pushed to justify his selection on batting alone (although, given the fact that Faisal Iqbal and Imran Farhat have both recently played ODIs, I think he'd probably still make the side.)

But don't let the fact that he bats at 7 or 8 these days fool you into thinking his one day batting is on the decline - it's simply the best position for his destructive hitting.
Yes,good point.But the problem is when Razzaq has a slump in his batting and seeing as his bowling is average he won't be a shoe in for selection.Maybe inconsistent is not the right word but I've never really been totally convinced with his batting in the one day game even if it is on the up

godofcricket

State 12th Man
So what is your opinion of Razzaq's batting?.Any justification as to why you think he is a good one day batsmen.Don't see how I'm talking "non-sense" TBO.Just stating what alot of other people think.That on his day he is a destructive batsmen but alot of the time he gets to many low scores and is to inconsistent.I've already folloewed and seen alot of the matches he plays in and this is my honest assesment of him.Decent All-Rounder but no more.
In one-day u need good hitters lower down, and hes the best we have got. I dont care how u see him, in my opinion hes irreplaceable at the moment. Maybe his records arent the greatest at the moment but u have to put everything in order and think about all things like, whats the situation when hes coming out to bat, which position hes coming and what the team requires of him as when the team is 100/5 he cant play his natural game then.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He isn't lying there. Razzaq can play as a genuine batsman when he needs to without having ridiculous rushes of blood. He is very adaptable to the situation which is why he is so vital down the order. Almost like a poor man's Michael Hussey really.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
it's simply the best position for his destructive hitting.
Yes maybe against medium and medium fast bowlers but against world class bowlers his batting is always going to look suspect.The key is not to give him length balls and if you can do that you severly limit his game.He is a blocker or a boundary hitter.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Almost like a poor man's Michael Hussey really.
:D Never heard that to describe Razzaq.Maybe someone like Afridi is a poor man's Razzaq.Doesn't really seem in the Hussey mould as when ever I've seen him he's usually looking for the boundary.As I have said,descructive against 75-80mph bowlers but when he faces world class bowlers I often when watching him get the feeling that he struggles.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Just to talk about another subject what are people's opinions of Afridi's role in the team?.His bowling is quite good but his batting is so inconsistent and he hasn't found a correct number in the batting order due to this.Is his batting becoming a huge concern as sometimes Pakistan require patience or maybe a longer innings from him but he can't seem to do this.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Well i would never drop Razzaq at this moment, theres no question that he is probably best All-rounder at the moment. It was really unfortunate for him that he was brought into the attack when they were always gonna go after the bowling.But u cant drop razzaq for sure.
Totally agree with you there. Dropping Razzaq wouldn't be such a smart move, especially considering hes been one of our best allrounders for the last couple of years. Its our bowling now that really needs improvement. Possible recall for Rao Iftikhar?