• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in South Africa

Fiery

Banned
My sister told me she heard on Geo News that the spat between Akhtar and Woolmer had to do with his injury. Apparently Shoaib wanted to play and Woolmer didn't want him to due to his injury. I don't know how accurate that is.
Shoaib looked in no discomfort at all when he was batting so he must have pulled his hamstring taking his pads off :dry:
Sounds like something a spin doctor has come up with to me. The report says "A source close to the team told Cricinfo that Shoaib "had found a problem with his hamstring and it is likely that he will not bowl again in the second innings"" suggesting it was Shoaib's decision not to play and given his history of feigning injuries this seems much more likely. I remember him limping on the wrong foot after claiming to have an injury once. I wonder if the real story will come out.

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pretty sure nobody in their right mind would worship Nicky Boje. Anyway what a great innings by the big man, shame he missed out on a ton.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Pretty sure nobody in their right mind would worship Nicky Boje. Anyway what a great innings by the big man, shame he missed out on a ton.

Oh dear, that doesn't say a great deal for Richard "I think I'm so special beacuse I travel all over the world" Hingston.....

Fusion

Global Moderator
My sister told me she heard on Geo News that the spat between Akhtar and Woolmer had to do with his injury. Apparently Shoaib wanted to play and Woolmer didn't want him to due to his injury. I don't know how accurate that is.
They obviously had a major fight. Check out this video link below. This is during the practice session. Shoaib actually pushes Woolmer in anger! This is serious stuff. The video is from an Urdu news channel, but obviously the images don't need any translation!

http://www.justupit.com/video/view.php?video=72940c456e5b61aeb523442cbdb3c644

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
WTF? During a test match? You're professionals, what the hell is going on? But even if it happened, he should still finish the test match before the **** hits the fan, right?

Fusion

Global Moderator
Apparently the fight was about Shoaib's fitness. Woolmer didn't think he was, and Shoaib obviously disagreed. At least that's how the Pakistani news outlets are reporting it. Please, for the love of God, kick Shoaib out of the team!!!

haroon510

International 12th Man
shoaib has no love for the country and not even care if his country loses this much or win it. that is what i hate a about asian teams ( spacially india and pakistan). the coach and captains don't get along with the players and each other. they don't play as a team. their personal issues are more important than team. if they play as team united they can be stronger team than they are right now.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Prince gone. Kaneria had been bowling well and deserved that wicket. South Africa -24/4.
Has to be great for Kaneria's confidence. He bowled well yesterday but didn't get a wicket (story of his career it seems). This early wicket should do him a world of good, I hope.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
SA just have totally bottled out. If Kallis is going to play that game, he will win with only three bowlers available to Inzy. They'll tire by the end of next session, and you might see some fireworks later on.

Still, IMO they've gone way too defensive.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Also, I hope it was not Akhtar's decision to sit out and he was forced to do so. Because to put your country and captain in such a position as to play with only three bowlers in a vital test match would be beyond disgusting.

haroon510

International 12th Man
wow kamran akmal is in Sa team. he is helping Sa here. he has droped alot of catches in this match. all of sudden he is droping catches now.

haroon510

International 12th Man
ya i think now the selectors know that they should of hve given shabbir a chance instead of sami. asif in the other side put the pressure and sami leaking runs. pakistan is in nead of a fast or meduim pacer here who can keep the pressure with asif in the other side.