• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in South Africa

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
So an African American can't make a racist comment against someone of Indian descent because they're both not white?
Haha apparently. So the Indians I heard the other day telling me I shouldn't move to Dandenong because there are too many Africans couldn't possibly be racist. I thought I knew a thing or two about racism, but I guess I was wrong.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
social,

look mate we get your points. Hell, I agree with a lot of what you say. However, your constant whinging (and yes it's whinging) isn't really going to change anyone's mind and is furthermore pretty annoying. Fact of the matter is, everyone's out there playing cricket. You don't know if anyone on the field is hosed up on drugs or not, there just isn't anyway to tell. Better off focusing on the technical deficencies of certain people then going on about the past.
Soory, but we know for a fact that at least 2 people were hosed up on drugs and nothing was done about it.

Get rid of them and immediate problem goes away - end of story

Beleg

International Regular
Well, they should have got rid of them. But they didn't. They got roasted for not doing that. Fair enough. Maybe it's time to put that behind though, seeing as whinging about it everytime one of these picks up a wicket etc. isn't going to do anyone any good?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
What’s funny about this is that the wicket is no minefield and yet for varying reasons the batsman are just playing silly bollocks.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Commentators getting on my nerves talking about Yousuf's record if he makes a century. Screw that right now, I just hope he gets a start and makes a partnership with Younis.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Went for an X-Ray last time I check. Now following on Cricbuzz.com where one of the guys has said his ok, which probably means his broken his foot.
Haha right about Cricbuzz. If he does have a broken foot, how long would he be out for (thinking about the World Cup)?

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Haha right about Cricbuzz. If he does have a broken foot, how long would he be out for (thinking about the World Cup)?
You would think a couple months, so he would be out of the World Cup. Don't think his broken it though, he wouldn't be able to run if he did.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Pakistanis did not have Gibbs banned. Are you just making stuff up now? They were heard on the stump mics and ICC intervened. Nothing to do with Pakistan.

But now your stance is that Gibbs was actually sledging at Pakistanis and not the crowd? And if you want to talk about hypocrites, how about SA getting Akhtar banned for saying '**** off', and then going on to become the biggest sledgers in the game? It's like a radio station behind the stumps. Please. What do you have against specific teams that just blinds you to the facts?
Inzy complained at the time, ICC watched were monitoring match, Gibbs was banned - the whole thing is too ridiculous for words, just like the Shoaib banning (in any grade match in Oz, if people were banned for telling the opp to f-off, you'd have about 3 people available next week)

BTW, Gibbs was banned because the ICC took the ludicrous, politically expedient view that he was referring to the entire Pakistan population when he referred to a group of d-heads (if they're not, how else would u describe a group of physically and verbally abusive imbeciles whose behaviour saw them evicted from the ground) as "animals" (justified) and "Pakistanis" (correct).

SA's normal behaviour is irrelevant to this issue

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Inzy complained at the time, ICC watched were monitoring match, Gibbs was banned - the whole thing is too ridiculous for words, just like the Shoaib banning (in any grade match in Oz, if people were banned for telling the opp to f-off, you'd have about 3 people available next week)

BTW, Gibbs was banned because the ICC took the ludicrous, politically expedient view that he was referring to the entire Pakistan population when he referred to a group of d-heads (if they're not, how else would u describe a group of physically and verbally abusive imbeciles whose behaviour saw them evicted from the ground) as "animals" (justified) and "Pakistanis" (correct).

SA's normal behaviour is irrelevant to this issue
But how can you say it was politically expedient when Shoaib was also banned for saying '**** off.'