• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in South Africa

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wait a minute, Nel the passive non-sledger being sledged? You don't say.
If youre going to complain about bad language and take a pro-active stance in having a member of the opposition banned as a result, then dont be so hypocritical as to engage in similar tactics just because the stump mikes are off!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Farhat's useless, better off playing Kamal and opening him!

Let's go Younis Khan! Had money on you to be Pakistan's top scorer for the series before the 1st test, and you're leading right now and have a one test head start over Yousuf!

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
If youre going to complain about bad language and take a pro-active stance in having a member of the opposition banned as a result, then dont be so hypocritical as to engage in similar tactics just because the stump mikes are off!
Geez you talk some absolute crap. Racist comment vs regular sledging...a slight difference I think. If it comes out that they were saying some racist **** to Nel, then you can say what you like.

edit: I don't want to get into a whole discussion about the Gibbs thing now...just thought I'd point out how your point ...well, has no point.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
And I love how people are whinging about drug cheats as if that's the reason SA collapsed. Shoaib and Asif were hardly Ambrose-esque 7-1, SA batting is just poor far too often. They have to learn to bat in their own backyard, fair enough they beat India after going 1-0 down, but they keep putting these pitches out, and keep getting trampled. Aus 3-0, India won the one lively pitch and this one is offering a bit (not as much as SA have made it look like though).

SA aren't going to be 2nd best in the world with batting like this. Not saying Pak are either, but for the time being, at least they're competitive away from home.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
If you're referring to Gibbs then I have to mention that I don't think there would be talk of a ban if it weren't for the seemingly racist nature of the comment (though I'm sure Gibbs didn't mean it that way). Also, don't forget that Akhtar has been fined/banned a few times for his sledges.

Beleg

International Regular
Seems to me Shoaib worked over Amla and Pollock nicely.

I can't believe they selected Sami. :|

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Geez you talk some absolute crap. Racist comment vs regular sledging...a slight difference I think. If it comes out that they were saying some racist **** to Nel, then you can say what you like.

edit: I don't want to get into a whole discussion about the Gibbs thing now...just thought I'd point out how your point ...well, has no point.
So I gather he was asking how Nel's mother was? 8-)

Racist overtones was a convenient excuse but really holds no water as:

a. Gibbs is colored and his comments were directed to people of similar extraction; and

b. well, let's face it, any excuse will do so long as it gives Pak an advantage

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
So I gather he was asking how Nel's mother was? 8-)

Racist overtones was a convenient excuse but really holds no water as:

a. Gibbs is colored and his comments were directed to people of similar extraction; and

b. well, let's face it, any excuse will do so long as it gives Pak an advantage
That's one of the worst posts I've ever read.

So an African American can't make a racist comment against someone of Indian descent because they're both not white?

Far out seriously the **** that's been written in this thread.

Beleg

International Regular
social,

look mate we get your points. Hell, I agree with a lot of what you say. However, your constant whinging (and yes it's whinging) isn't really going to change anyone's mind and is furthermore pretty annoying. Fact of the matter is, everyone's out there playing cricket. You don't know if anyone on the field is hosed up on drugs or not, there just isn't anyway to tell. Better off focusing on the technical deficencies of certain people then going on about the past.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
The Pakistanis did not have Gibbs banned. Are you just making stuff up now? They were heard on the stump mics and ICC intervened. Nothing to do with Pakistan.

But now your stance is that Gibbs was actually sledging at Pakistanis and not the crowd? And if you want to talk about hypocrites, how about SA getting Akhtar banned for saying '**** off', and then going on to become the biggest sledgers in the game? It's like a radio station behind the stumps. Please.

Last edited: