• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in South Africa

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Point taken, but I don't see how a four fer can be considered valid, or a good performance.. Given what Shoaib could be on..
Whatever happened before, I would bet anything that they aren't anymore. Considering PCB is specifically targeting these two for further tests.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Point taken, but I don't see how a four fer can be considered valid, or a good performance.. Given what Shoaib could be on..

It's like having a game fixed, but saying "Yeah, he hit a good 80 though" Not relevant in the situation..

I don't care about being a troll for a couple of weeks in this thread though, guys careers could be finished by Asif and Shoaib, and it makes me sick
Its fair that you don't think Shoaib's 4-fer is valid, and he definitely deserves the criticism, but again, is it fair to the sensible Pakistani posters? I am here and watching the game because I want to see Pakistan win, not because I love Shoaib.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Getting pretty sick of this now. Every time a Pakistani will ever do something wrong it gets added to their chuckers, ball-tamperers, drug cheat description. All of us on this forum are well aware of what Asif and Shoaib did and most Pakistanis on this forum wanted to see them get banned (bar a few trolls). Also note that it was a Pakistani (myself) who first condemned Farhat for poor sportsmanship, something that many have been accused of, not just Pakistanis.

The point is that we all know what the three I mentioned in my post did wrong, and they certainly deserve some flak for it, but we don't! I come here to discuss cricket not listen to this bull**** about how Pakistanis are dishonest and whatnot.

Rant over.
Unfortunately, it's not a level playing field.

Pakistani cricket is mired in corruption and scandal and the administration does nothing about it.

Shoaib takes a wicket - who cares, the guy's career should be finished!

Asif - turn up in a year or two because anything you do until then is tainted.

Farhat - youre crap and a cheat

No-one else puts up with this nonsense and it goes a long way towards explaining why the team are chronic under-achievers when the pressure is truly on as many of the players take the easy way out

I just wish they were playing Oz right now as Asif would be smashed, Farhat would be a walking wicket and Shoaib would've never joined the tour!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Do their clean boys ever do anything?
That Yousuf guy isn't too bad. You know the one with the big beard... who can bat.

Anyway I've missed most of this match because of the Safin vs. Roddick match, but I love that Shoaib is owning. Easily my favourite bowler around atm.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Unfortunately, it's not a level playing field.

Pakistani cricket is mired in corruption and scandal and the administration does nothing about it.

Shoaib takes a wicket - who cares, the guy's career should be finished!

Asif - turn up in a year or two because anything you do until then is tainted.

Farhat - youre crap and a cheat

No-one else puts up with this nonsense and it goes a long way towards explaining why the team are chronic under-achievers when the pressure is truly on as many of the players take the easy way out

I just wish they were playing Oz right now as Asif would be smashed, Farhat would be a walking wicket and Shoaib would've never joined the tour!
I think you completely missed my point. You have a right to your opinion. So state it and move on. Here, there is no one really contesting that what you said is wrong but the over stating of the point starts to bother people.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think you completely missed my point. You have a right to your opinion. So state it and move on. Here, there is no one really contesting that what you said is wrong but the over stating of the point starts to bother people.
I know and sorry for my harping on the point

It's just that the Pakistanis are so frustrating!

On the one hand, many of my favourite cricketers (Wasim, Waqar, Javed, Imran and Asif Iqbal, etc) have graced their colours

They also have some of the finest of today - Younis and Yousuf amonst them

On the other hand, they are denigrating their legacy by allowing blatant cheats and weak-minded characters to wear the came cap, all in the name of mediocre performance.

As a fan of cricket, it really annoys me to see a Pakistani player sledge Nel on the way to the wicket knowing full well that there wont be any punishment because he plays for a certain team whose Board is weak and is amongst the power bloc that controls the ICC.

The whole situation sucks IMO

I'm literally sickened

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I know and sorry for my harping on the point

It's just that the Pakistanis are so frustrating!

On the one hand, many of my favourite cricketers (Wasim, Waqar, Javed, Imran and Asif Iqbal, etc) have graced their colours

They also have some of the finest of today - Younis and Yousuf amonst them

On the other hand, they are denigrating their legacy by allowing blatant cheats and weak-minded characters to wear the came cap, all in the name of mediocre performance.

As a fan of cricket, it really annoys me to see a Pakistani player sledge Nel on the way to the wicket knowing full well that there wont be any punishment because he plays for a certain team whose Board is weak and is amongst the power bloc that controls the ICC.

The whole situation sucks IMO

I'm literally sickened
Some would argue that that is the reason they love Pakistani cricket, so much drama. A little too much entertainment for me and not enough to do with cricket, though.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
social said:
Wait a minute, Nel the passive non-sledger being sledged? You don't say.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I wasn't aware that Nel is punished after every match for sledging, considering how me must be, coming from a weak board and all.