• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in South Africa

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Thats what happens when you don't bring adequate cover. Sami should not have had a place in the squad over Shabbir. Personally I think we had one batsman too many, with Iqbal being the man needing to go.
Good call on Iqbal. I don't see the need for both Kamal and Iqbal in the squad.

Akhtar's spell so far would give people like Imran Khan some ammunition against PCB's decision not to play him in the first match.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Yes! Exactly the same delivery that beat Smith's bat three balls earlier. Good work in the field by Younis, without doubt the best Pakistani fielder out there (though it doesn't take much to be the best in this team).

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Akhtar's spell so far would give people like Imran Khan some ammunition against PCB's decision not to play him in the first match.
Nice to see Shoaib back but he got a nice big hand from the South Africans this morning. I don't think his bowled anymore near par for himself but the wicket is good (Asif hardly moved the ball) and getting two wickets, no matter how they come is something I guess.

South Africa are ****ed.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Yeah definitely bad sportsmanship from Farhat with those two appeals. Although the second one may have looked good from his angle.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Nice to see Shoaib back but he got a nice big hand from the South Africans this morning. I don't think his bowled anymore near par for himself but the wicket is good (Asif hardly moved the ball) and getting two wickets, no matter how they come is something I guess.

South Africa are ****ed.
Yeah, Akhtar bowled well but not well enough to get two wickets. Although he did set Amla up beautifully for that bouncer. Disappointed that Asif didn't get a wicket yet, I thought he bowled much better than the other two pacers.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Sami bowling well here. Reached Akhtar's top speed in his first over and has kept a decent line and length for the most part.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah his bowled rather well, kept it tight and bowled with a good lick. Last time I saw Sami, he was struggling to make 85 mph in England and more importantly keep it on the pitch.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Akmal will be pleased but it's goodnight from South Africa. Five down before lunch and it hasn't swung or seamed, ridiculous.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Or spun much really. This is worse than Pakistan's pulling in the last test, well almost.
For sure, It's even worse than Jo'Burg against the Indians for South Africa because at least the ball did something there. No excuses here, AB, Smith and Prince all got themselves out.