• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in South Africa

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looking forward to this series, hopefully it gets shown live in New Zealand just like the South Africa vs India series. I would like to see Shoaib Malik and Mohammed Hafeez do well for Pakistan but I don't really care too much about the rest of them, although it will be very interesting to see what kind of tracks are prepared. Should be a fast bowlers paradise really, also be interesting to see if Mohammad Yousuf can correct his poor record against South Africa.

a10khan

School Boy/Girl Captain
If SA doesn't win the series against India, I see slower tracks vs Pakistan. But ofcourse they'd still be good cricket wickets with something probably for everyone. Thats my 2 cents on the pitches.

Bowling, as always, will be Pak's strongest area. With Shoaib and Asif back, and Gul and Rana doing well off late, it makes for a truly world class attack, not to forget Mr.Kaneria.

The series on paper looks awesome but SA surely has the upper hand. Pakistan batting will largely depend on the starts they are given by the likes of Hafeez and Farhat/Hameed. The big three will have to click big and the all rounders will also need to chip in consistently with the bat.

Akmal looks a bit jaded due to excessive cricket. His form in front and behind the stumps will be vital for Pak's chances. With Pak's traditional struggles on hard, bouncy pitches the lower middle order will have to chip in almost regularly, and Razak/Akmal/Shoaib are key parts of it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
My predictions:

Amla and Gibbs won't be in the SA int'l team by the time Pakistan arrive.

Beleg

International Regular
A lot of people are suddenly grossly underestimating South Africa. There's no way the test series is going to be a cakewalk for Pakistan. SA are playing at home-turf and shouldn't be written off based on a single defeat.

Choc

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Gibbs most probaly though I won't agree with it mainly because the selector are to soft and are afraid to drop him, not quite sure why how bad could we possibaly do?la still has a bit of time to prove himself and can be a really good player most probaly our most consistant of late in the tests:blink: if we don't pull right now against India I'll say Pakistan will either win the tests and loose the odi's or draw the tests and still loose the odi's:) :cool:

adharcric

International Coach
Here's my 16-man squad for Pakistan.

Hafeez, Farhat, Younis, Yousuf, Inzamam*, Malik, Akmal+, Akhtar, Gul, Asif, Kaneria
Reserves: Hameed, Kamal, Naved, Nazir, Rehman

Choc

adharcric said:
Here's my 16-man squad for Pakistan.

Hafeez, Farhat, Younis, Yousuf, Inzamam*, Malik, Akmal+, Akhtar, Gul, Asif, Kaneria
Reserves: Hameed, Kamal, Naved, Nazir, Rehman
Good team but I would like to see naved in the starting team somewhere?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I think it will be close, and might end up 2-1 SA or 1-1 draw. One test loss doesn't mean SA is a bad team at home.

Choc

SA aren't the best when it comes to test match cricket. But I'll take a win or a draw:)

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Choc said:
SA aren't the best when it comes to test match cricket. But I'll take a win or a draw:)
I reckon Pakistan are good enough to get the draw....but, like India are we good enough to get the win ?

Salamuddin

International Debutant
gunner said:
you should be
I'm not sure about that....Pakistan's batting essentially revolves around 3 players and none of MoYo, Younis or Inzi have brilliant records in RSA.

We'll need good performnaces from the top 3 especially to do well in RSA.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I think we're waiting on India's tour to be finished. One thing we have going for us is that the Indians will hopefully tire the Saffies out. :)

gunner

U19 Cricketer
well even if shoaib and asif do get banned again

pakistan can still look forward to aussie series and indian series

Fusion

Global Moderator
A little OT, but by some miracle GEO is showing a Pak domestic match. The Karachi Dolphins vs Peshawar Panthers. The main point of interest is the fact that Shahid Afridi is playing for the Dolphins. He comes in at the loss of 2 quick wickets, and one more soon afterwards. So what is his approach? He goes after the bowler of course! :laugh: A four and two HUGE sixes in the second over he faces. The crowd going bananas.

Edit: Didn't realize I was watching a replay of a 20/20 match. It's amazing the effect Afridi has on the Pakistani crowd. The whole stadium is buzzing when he's on strike. The chant of "Afridi Afridi" is continous.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Pak clearly have the better bowling, and reliance on three players or not, they have the better batting too.

There is one guy in the Indian lineup who you can trust to score runs, where Pakistan has three who can all perform. Pakistan has a problem with the top order, but so does India.

Right now, Pakistan are superior in both bowling and batting compared to India. If India can win one match, so can Pakistan IMO.

Saffies are tough at home, and you can't read much into one match, but Pakistan should push them close, especially if Asif and Akhtar play (as it looks they will).