• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in South Africa

PakPowered

School Boy/Girl Captain
Another baseless statement from SS? Nooooooooooooooo.

In terms of selection, and running through players and then forgetting about them 6 months later, I think India haven't done too badly. Not like the PCB anyway.

Can anyone actually tell the difference between Hameed, Umar, Butt, Farhat and Hafeez? They've all blended into one player.

Note: the last comment was said in jest.
They are lucky in the sense that they are gifted with good batting talent , especially when it comes to opening batsmen (uthapa/Gambhir,Jaffer).Like for example they gave chance to Uthappa and he grapped with both hands, PCB selectors tried a dozen openers but none of them really responded well.

PakPowered

School Boy/Girl Captain
I have no problem in accepting Jono's statement that PCB selectors are the worst in world, but i wonder as to how Indian selectors would have handled the selection issue had they been selecting Pak team?? especially selection of openers.Remember its been 4 long years since Anwar retired and the selectors still haven't found a single decent opener in Pak....*phew*

gunner

U19 Cricketer
its actually worth laughing about how they ruined salman butts caree!
had he been playing for any other country he would have been helped out and ironed out all his flaws by now

but i guess you expect that from the pcb.
yasir hameed and salman butt are the best openers we have atm for odi's and tests