Page 147 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147
Results 2,191 to 2,203 of 2203

Thread: ***Official*** Pakistan in South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by shortpitched713 View Post
    Tell me one thing about his ODI record that would imply that he has the ability required. And sure its great to say your going to stick with a guy, but why the hell would you pick the player with the worst record and stick with him.

Hafeez is a good opening batsman in Tests. His recent form in ODIs isn't really the reason that one would have beef with his selection, but rather that he has never been particularly good in the format.

agree with u
    what is wrong with giving yasir hamid another chance. his one day record is good and he isn't in bad forum. he wasn't given a chance to play in one day matches. opening with yasir hamid and nazir and bringing malik down to number 3 with younis, yousuf, and inzi followed. or opening with malik playing yasir hamid in the position where he is good at number 3.

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    Pakistan have named 5 reserve players for the WC

Salman Butt
    Azhar Mahmood
    Mohammed Sami
    Shahid Nazir
    Zulqarnain Haider

IMO Rehman should defienetly be there in front of Nazir.That is really harsh on him as he has done well in his short career.
    Proud member of the Twenty20 is boring society

E-Mail - liamhowgate@yahoo.co.uk
    MSN - liamhowgate@hotmail.com

Look guys basically cricket in this series was one-sided so that was really a shame. But the black out during the game is really one thing that would go done as one of the highlights of the series;-).

International Regular shortpitched713's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pup Clarke View Post
    Pakistan have named 5 reserve players for the WC

Salman Butt
    Azhar Mahmood
    Mohammed Sami
    Shahid Nazir
    Zulqarnain Haider

IMO Rehman should defienetly be there in front of Nazir.That is really harsh on him as he has done well in his short career.
    Pakistan need pace bowlers though, tbh. Although Shahid Nazir is a little . Personally I would rather have gone with a young gun like Yasir Arafat.
    Proud 2nd member of GM-OLAS
    Honorary Assistant Vice-President and Inquisitor General of T2IBS (Twenty-20 is Boring Society)

Fraz highlights the defining aspect of Shoaib's legacy:
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    Those humanitarian works etc ?
    Quote Originally Posted by andruid View Post
    I feel Tendulkar's association with the money minting exploitation of cricket fandom by certain varying commercial interests tarnishes his greatness a tad.

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shortpitched713 View Post
    Personally I would rather have gone with a young gun like Yasir Arafat.
    Yeah forgotten about him.Decent allrounder and better with the bat and maybe just on par with Mahmood in terms of his bowling.

U19 Vice-Captain
    Pakistanis are slow learners, i have been saying since long that Butt remains their best bet for opening along with Malik, yet they initially ignorged him for WC squad, and when Nazir and Hafeez flunked in the final onedayer, they realised that they probably need Butt in the WC and hence has named him in the reserve list.

Now i guess if two or more players get injured and replacement are needed then Butt will get a place into the team

International Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianByHeart View Post
    Pakistanis are slow learners
    Proud member of Twenty20-Is-Boring Society.
    T2IBS Media relations officer
    T2IBS official face
    R.I..P ........ Fardin Qayuumi
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Good luck at the hospital.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Fraz is always the best option IMO
    frazbest@hotmail.com

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianByHeart View Post
    Pakistanis are slow learners, i have been saying since long that Butt remains their best bet for opening along with Malik, yet they initially ignorged him for WC squad, and when Nazir and Hafeez flunked in the final onedayer, they realised that they probably need Butt in the WC and hence has named him in the reserve list.

Now i guess if two or more players get injured and replacement are needed then Butt will get a place into the team
    TBH, being a slow learner is better than the neighbor to the east who learns not at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Another baseless statement from SS? Nooooooooooooooo.

In terms of selection, and running through players and then forgetting about them 6 months later, I think India haven't done too badly. Not like the PCB anyway.

Can anyone actually tell the difference between Hameed, Umar, Butt, Farhat and Hafeez? They've all blended into one player.

Note: the last comment was said in jest.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Hardly. I know you are aware of our history and infrastructure. How much talent has been wasted or not utilized at all?

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post

In terms of selection, and running through players and then forgetting about them 6 months later, I think India haven't done too badly. Not like the PCB anyway.

Can anyone actually tell the difference between Hameed, Umar, Butt, Farhat and Hafeez? They've all blended into one player.

Note: the last comment was said in jest.
    They are lucky in the sense that they are gifted with good batting talent , especially when it comes to opening batsmen (uthapa/Gambhir,Jaffer).Like for example they gave chance to Uthappa and he grapped with both hands, PCB selectors tried a dozen openers but none of them really responded well.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    I have no problem in accepting Jono's statement that PCB selectors are the worst in world, but i wonder as to how Indian selectors would have handled the selection issue had they been selecting Pak team?? especially selection of openers.Remember its been 4 long years since Anwar retired and the selectors still haven't found a single decent opener in Pak....*phew*

its actually worth laughing about how they ruined salman butts caree!
    had he been playing for any other country he would have been helped out and ironed out all his flaws by now

but i guess you expect that from the pcb.
    yasir hameed and salman butt are the best openers we have atm for odi's and tests

Thread Information