• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in South Africa

shortpitched713

International Captain
Two months? Don't make me laugh.. Two years and you may be talking
Thought the dodgy smily might have cleared up my position on this, but jst for the record I supported the original bans on both of the players. So while they have technically been punished, I do believe it is not nearly enough.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
No, I am not bias and racist. I have respect for a lot of Pakistani Cricketers, like Yousuf, Younis, Inzi, Danish, Gul. But I have no respect for cheaters.
You havent got a clue what ur talking about!!!!! PCB should be the main target on this issue, you cant blame a couple players just becuase they've been set free without any sort of charge or ban......the problem lies with the PCB. Do you know of any sportsman who recently (himself) accepted taking drugs?

Langeveldt

Soutie
You havent got a clue what ur talking about!!!!! PCB should be the main target on this issue, you cant blame a couple players just becuase they've been set free without any sort of charge or ban......the problem lies with the PCB. Do you know of any sportsman who recently (himself) accepted taking drugs?
But you can blame them for doing the crime in the first place? Thats like saying the murderer isn't at fault because he only got five years..

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
That's frankly a ridiculous statement. Here you are bashing the two because you feel they cheated, broke the rules, and got away with it. I can understand your anger as it pertains to that. However, to then advocate harm on them via an unruly crowd (who also would be breaking the rules by the way) reeks of hypocrisy. If you are going to take a moral stand on an issue, please be consistent, even to the other side. Lastly, don't forget that this is only a game. You would be willing to lose respect for your country's reputation by harming visiting players just so you can administer mob justice?? That amazes me. I am not proud of these two players. I agree with you that they should have stayed banned. However, let's not lose perspective and let emotions get the better of us.
Just ignore him. He is probably the only guy in the world that still worships Hansie. As for your request asking him to be 'consistent'. He will never be.

godofcricket

State 12th Man
But you can blame them for doing the crime in the first place? Thats like saying the murderer isn't at fault because he only got five years..
I never said asif and akhtar are innocent, but in the end if you have a board like the PCB who would want to ever accept of any sort of crime they have done? Do u think they would have taken drugs (specially asif) if PCB ever did justice? or had a strict law which they followed on drugs? they are corrupt and ruled by politicians.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I never said asif and akhtar are innocent, but in the end if you have a board like the PCB who would want to ever accept of any sort of crime they have done? Do u think they would have taken drugs (specially asif) if PCB ever did justice? or had a strict law which they followed on drugs? they are corrupt and ruled by politicians.
100% agree. They may not be innocent but they been selected to play and I love watching Shoaib and Asif bowl so I will be rooting for them and hoping that they do well.

Fusion

Global Moderator
PCB being blamed is fine, as long as you make clear that PCB's corruption does not absolve Asif and Akhter's wrong-doing. Just because they know/think their board is willing to look the other way, doesn't mean they should break any rule they can. The ultimate blame will always be on the players for breaking the rule in the first place.

Langeveldt

Soutie
100% agree. They may not be innocent but they been selected to play and I love watching Shoaib and Asif bowl so I will be rooting for them and hoping that they do well.
Meanwhile someone who once threatened to and didn't fix a cricket match deserves a life ban? Consistency? :laugh:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Actually, IMO even agreeing to fix a match is much worse than things like claiming a catch when you didn't take it or scratching up a ball.
After reading the salient points, I'd have given Hersch a year or longer ban.. (Not sure what he actually copped in the end) - Making Sanz the only inconsistant party :)

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Meanwhile someone who once threatened to and didn't fix a cricket match deserves a life ban? Consistency?
I guess you are referring to my stance on Gibbs and his involvement in Match Fixing. Can you please quote me one place where i have said that Gibbs deserved a life ban as opposed to you repeatedly claiming that he was innocent despite all the evidences.