• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in South Africa

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Just because I'm lazy and can't be bothered checking, is Andrew Hall actually in the squad?
He is, likely to play in 4th and 5th ODI. Should be ahead of Charl IMO, unless they give him the new ball I can't see why his in the side (cue a fifer this afternoon).

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He is, likely to play in 4th and 5th ODI. Should be ahead of Charl IMO, unless they give him the new ball I can't see why his in the side (cue a fifer this afternoon).
Yeah, Hall is a better change bowler than Langeveldt by far IMO, although Charl is a better death bowler. Hall adds batting too though, albeit fairly irrelevant at #9.

I just found it strange that Nel was replaced by Robbie P given Hall was in the squad.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, Hall is a better change bowler than Langeveldt by far IMO, although Charl is a better death bowler. Hall adds batting too though, albeit fairly irrelevant at #9.

I just found it strange that Nel was replaced by Robbie P given Hall was in the squad.
It's Robbie P's home ground and the seamer's hardly did there cause much help in the last game I guess. Also St George's does favour the spinners some what more favourably.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Pakistan have won the toss and elected to bat. Pitch looks great and with rain about later on, South Africa will have their work cut out chasing you would suspect.

Steulen

International Regular
Andrew Hall is a deadset legend.
Khan and Inzy, good scalps.

Bit surprised to see his ODI bowling average is <27. Didn't think it'd be that good.

Mostly remember him for his excellent century in India when opening in a Test. Needless to say he was dropped straight after.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Afridi is gone. Pak 177//7 and in deep trouble. The pitch is supposed to be a belter, so this is apparently stupid batting. Did the rain play any part in the poor showing with the bat?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
A more typical Afridi innings then the last, I'd say. Getting out to a ridiculous shot when Pakistan need the runs.

Actually I'm quite annoyed our resident troll isn't around today, would be fun to poke him with sticks:laugh: